Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamic DataSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello MarketAlly,

Thank you for the post.

Generally adding a series is the easiest/least syntax way to do this. However, if the series is not being used at all and you are doing something out of sync such a just checking a price, you might look into using a BarsRequest to subscribe to data and set the current price to a variable which your timer logic reads.

You could use a small lookback period to request minimal data, you can ignore the historical data and then just use the market data subscription for the live prices. Storing the price to a variable would eliminate the need to repeat the bar's request, the timer loop would read the variables value for a live price.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• MarketAlly
    started a topic Dynamic DataSeries

Dynamic DataSeries

I understand we cannot add data series dynamically although I really would like to be able to add and remove one to the end but only because I want the ability to get the current price when my strategy is processing on slower timeframes for the specific point in time. While I could add a smaller timeframe and ignore it, I only require the current price infrequently and was wondering is there a function call that I can query for the exact price without adding another timeframe and incurring the processing hit?

You may say, the current timeframe executing has the exact price - but I run a timer that operates in between the timeframes that I can turn on and off. When that triggers, between the longer running timeframes - the price is not current. If there was a call I could make - it could eliminate the need to put a tick or second timeframe that otherwise would not be used for the majority of the time.

Is this possible?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred