Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer seems to ignore "Exit on Session Close"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer seems to ignore "Exit on Session Close"

Strategy Analyzer has a checkbox to enable/disable "Exit on Session Close" which it seems to ignore for the strategy I am backtesting. Checked or unchecked, the backtest runs to end of session and closes all open positions, regardless. I'm obviously overlooking something ...
    Last edited by jvanelli; 01-08-2019, 07:32 PM. Reason: Oops! Cockpit error. Please disregard ...

Hello jvanelli,

Thank you for your post.

Is this a strategy you've created yourself, or is it one you've received from a programmer or third party vendor?

If you're running the Strategy Analyzer on a time frame that covers more than one session, the Strategy Analyzer should run to the end of the time frame specified whether or not the Exit on Session Closed is checked; however, you should see multiple notations that say "Exit on Session Close" on your chart if it is checked.

Please try to test with SampleMACrossover. After you run the Strategy Analyzer, look at its Trades Display, sorting by Exit name. With Exit On Session Close checked, you should see multiple exits. With it unchecked, you should see one Exit On Session Close where the strategy closes the position at the end of the backtest.

If you confirm this with the SampleMACrossover, please try again with your strategy. Do you see similar results? If so, this would be the expected behavior.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This was a strategy that I created. Actually there was no problem. I was confused looking at the chart, did not realize that the closing trades which appeared to be executed on the chart were not included in the summary numerical results.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y