Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy won't run on live account in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy won't run on live account in UK

Hi,

I have been testing a strategy on a demo account, and it works fine. When I try to select my live account on Interactive Brokers I find I cannot activate the strategy. Is there an issue running strategies in the UK?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Ian

Hello IanC23,

Thanks for your post.

Could you clarify on the following so we can be of further assistance?

Is the issue that you cannot select your live account? Please make sure that Tools > Global Simulation Mode is disable. If you cannot disable this, please make sure your live license key is entered in the Control Center under Help > License key.

Is the issue that when you enable the strategy on the live account and it disables immediately? Please be sure to check the log tab of the Control Center for any errors that you are receiving. If you have any questions on these errors, please don't hesitate to ask.

Is the strategy enabled, but remains in a Yellow/Orange color in the Strategies tab of the Control Center? This would mean that you have enabled the strategy with Wait Until Flat and it is waiting for the calculated strategy position to close before the strategy can submit any live orders to the live account.

I look forward to being of any additional help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

The issue seems to have resolved itself, but I would still like some insight into what was wrong.

The issue was that the 'enabled' checkbox was disabled when I selected a IB account . . either live or demo. When I selected a demo within NT8 the 'enabled' checkbox was clickable. I was accessing the strategy using a chart. I did not try the control panel.

I trade live via NT8 all the time, but this is the first time I have tried using a strategy.

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Jim,

It only appears to work in a live account. If I load my IB demo account the 'enabled' checkbox from the chart or control panel are both disabled.

I have tested the strategy using the sim accounts in NT8, but I really want to test the interface between NT8 and Interactive Brokers so need to load a IB demo account.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Hello Ian,

The strategy will need to point to an available account in order to become enabled. When you connect to your demo account, please go to the Strategies tab of the Control Center, right click, and select New Strategy... Please select the SampleMACrossover strategy. When you select the Account Selector, are you able to select your demo account?

Is there a green light next to this account in the Accounts tab of the Control Center?

I look forward to your reply.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim. I wasn't connected. Feeling very stupid.

Using demo accounts on IB is so clumsy I haven't used them for years. It was much easier years ago when you could access all your account at will. Now you can only access one account at a time it is not worthwhile jumping between live and demo accounts. I usually connect automatically to my live account and you can't do that with a demo account.

Thanks again

Ian

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post bmartz
            by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM