Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy builder quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy builder quick question

Is it possible in the strategy builder to

-enter multiple positions
    -enter seperate exit conditions and or profit targets for each position
    - enter break even conditions for each position

note I am just asking about the native functionality of the strategy builder here...not anything else

thanks

Hello lindsayf,

Thanks for your post.

Using the provided profit target and stop-loss orders, you can enter multiple positions each with their own assigned profit and stop. This is accomplished by entering separate orders and using a unique signal name for each entry order and specifying that signal name for the related stop and profit orders. The signal name is what ties an entry to it's stop and profit orders.

For the break-even condition, you would have to build your own (in the strategy builder) and then also create your own profit target and initial stop loss (so you would not be using the stops and targets page, the reason for this has to do with the managed approach rules to prevent unwanted positions. If you want to build your own you will need to be familiar with the managed approach rules found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm). If you want to try this, here is a link to my colleague Chelsa's educational example of a breakeven stop in the strategy builder:https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rategy-builder

In both cases, make sure you set the entries per direction for the maximum positions you want to have at once as by default it is set to 1 and will prevent further entries. The parameter can be set when you apply the strategy, in the strategy parameters,
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

One more thing re strategy builder - does it have capacity to apply a trailing stop?
      It seems not...I thought I read somewhere that it did....

edit ... I see that it does have TS function.
      Last edited by lindsayf; 01-13-2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Hello Lindsay,

Yes, the strategy builder does have a trailing stop function. It will start at whatever value away from your entry and as your trade goes into profit, the trailing stop will move a corresponding amount. Please note that you cannot use the trailing stop and the set stop on the same entry as the trailing stop would be ignored. If you are placing two entry orders and use signal names, you can assign a set stop to one entry and a trailing stop to another.

My colleague Chelsea, has created a strategy builder trail stop that does not use the set trailstop in the strategy builder that may be an alternative for you: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rategy-builder
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 01-14-2019, 08:25 AM. Reason: cleaned up.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader  
        Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes