Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom strategy importer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom strategy importer

Hi, I have exported my strategy and now I want to import it using .exe file. Do you have some documentation about how to create .exe file from my exported zip or some documentation how you built-in import tool work?

Hello Victor_Zelenyi,

Thank you for the post, and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

To export a script, you go to Tools>Export>NinjaScript assembly. This will package the script into a .zip file with a file hierarchy. To import a script, you go to Tools>Import>NinjaScript assembly and select a .zip file to import. All importing does is place files in the correct folders. Indicators go into ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators, Strategies go into ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies, and compiled .dlls go into ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response.
      As far as i researched and tested, after i import compiled strategy using Tools>Import>NinjaScript assembly and select a .zip file to import, it installs .dll file and .cs file into ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder.
      So if i wanted to do it manually i only need to copy .cs and .dll files into ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder, correct?
      Also i have some problem with protecting compiled assembly, after i click on "Protect compiled assembly" in Export tool, it redirect me to documentation, and checkbox remain unchecked, what i need to do?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Victor_Zelenyi,

Thank you for the reply.

So if I wanted to do it manually I only need to copy .cs and .dll files into ..\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder, correct?
        Yes, that is the correct location to place the files for.

You must have Agile.NET installed to further protect the dll from decompilation. Leaving that option unchecked will still compile the assembly into a dll file.

Comment

Thank you for help, it was very useful for me. I have a few questions about vendor license management and how to implement it into my strategy, could you help me with that or do i need to contact [email protected] for this?

Comment

Hello Victor_Zeleny,

Thank you for the reply.

For more information on this item, please email info[at]ninjatraderecosystem[dot]com with any questions you have on vendor licensing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            2 responses