Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Disable Killing Prior Order Executions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Disable Killing Prior Order Executions

Hello,

I have an NT8 strategy that is intended to enter short a position and enter a stop market (buy to close) at the same time, then I enter a target close (limit order) manually after hours. On first trial, the strategy re-entered the position immediately upon hitting a stop, which could have caused an endless vicious cycle if I wasn't watching (it was painful enough watching the 1 minute loss I suffered after re-entry).

My first solution was to disable the strategy immediately after the stop order to prevent re-entry from occurring, but it seems this disable command prevents the prior commands from being executed, at least during my over-the-weekend tests that I ran, which I performed with and without the termination command. Is there something I need to do to allow prior commands to execute first before terminating the strategy? I unchecked both entry and exit "Cancel orders when a strategy is disabled" under Tools>>Options>>Strategies, set EntriesPerDirection = 1, and set EntryHandling = AllEntries. Thanks

Code:
    if (Condition == true) //entry condition is true 
    {
    	EnterShort(NumShares);
    	ExitShortStopMarket(NumShares, EntryPrice*1.1);
    	SetState(State.Terminated);
    }

Hello dcschultz,

Thank you for your note.

Likely the issue is the initial condition is becoming true as soon as your exit order is filled, thus leading to the loop.

What you could do if you’d only like the strategy to take 1 trade you could see the following reference example, which limits additional trades based on the trade counter.

Below is another example of halting additional trading after certain conditions become true,

You should never set the State as you did in the third line of your block, this could cause unexpected behavior.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I will implement the trade counter. Since tradeCounter is a private int, I assume it only counts trades for this one instrument (as I have this strategy enabled for separate instruments in a list in the Strategies tab of the Control Center). Correct?

Comment

Hello dcschultz,

The counter will only count trades that instance of the strategy has made. If another instance of the strategy is applied to a different instrument, the two counters will be independent.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes