Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Improve chart of capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improve chart of capital

Hello, guys!!!

I've created moving average on chart of capital in a strategy analyzer. But I have some problem: it shows those days, where I do not trade, that's why moving average of chart is distorted. How to improve it?

Is it possible to create new window and delete those empty data and to build realistic chart of capital? May be it will be add on or something else.

Hello U0000999,

Thank you for the question.

I wanted to clarify what you are trying to do. You said that the chart shows days where you do not trade, do you mean that the instrument still trades these days normally and you do not trade on these days? If so, a Trading Hours template could be used to control what days the instrument shows in a chart in regular patterns or the holiday hours could be added for specific days.

This would prevent the datapoints from being used in the chart so the average could only use the datapoints within the trading session, is this what you are trying to do?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I mean, that, there are no deals these days and chart is shown as line. Moving average of chart of capital is distorted on "empty days", because there are no trades.

Comment

It looks like flat line

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Is this data from a data provider or imported data? If the data is coming this way from the provider there would not really be a way to avoid this, as I understand it you are just talking about days with very low volume where there was very little movement, is this correct?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Data goes from NinjaTrader.I'm talking about those days, where no deals from my trading system

Comment

Hello U0000999,

If you mean that you are plotting a value, and on some days you do not plot a value or plot a 0 value, that will still be accounted for in the average because you are plotting the value and there is a bar where the plot should contain a value so it would be processed.

Can you provide a more detailed description of what you are doing specifically, and what you are seeing that is incorrect? From the limited details so far, I can only gather that you are plotting or storing a value in a series that is averaged and having extra values averaged in which you did not want.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

There are days when trades do not occur and they are displayed as a flat line. the moving average of capital counts these days, although they need not be taken into account.

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Yes in my last post I provided my understanding of your question which seems to still match what you are saying. I would still need additional details to better understand what may be happening in your custom code.

You said that you are creating a line which is flat on days there are no trades, are you plotting a 0 on the days when trades do not occur? What specifically are you doing in your logic?

Without knowing what you are doing in the logic, I couldn't really provide anything but guess what is happening. It sounds like potentially you are averaging a plot which contains 0 values in addition to the values you wanted to average, is that correct?

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post vecnopus  
                  Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                  0 responses