Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to draw an up arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to draw an up arrow

I have a statement and have created action to draw up arrow but its not working OR i do not see the drawing (which could be no at the proper axis or something

Thanks for any help

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your post.

In your example screenshot the Y value (or price level) is at 0, so your arrow would be at the price level of 0, this is the default behavior of the strategy builder when you do not provide where you want to place the arrow vertically on the chart. The 0 for "bars ago is the "when" in time the arrow is placed and 0 would be the bar that is being processed when your conditions to draw the arrow are true.

Also, when draw objects use the same tag name, you will only see the latest arrow and this is the default behavior in the strategy builder to minimize the draw objects. If you would like to see all the historical occurrences of the arrow, you would need to make your draw object tag name unique per instance of drawing the object.

Here is a short video that addresses how to use price to place the draw objects as well as how to create unique tag names per occurrence: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...A4M184NTkwOTg3
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what i was trying to do was to plot a drawing in the price area or just below. So what would be an approapiate Y setting as prices vary etc
      Also i was wanting to draw where the Slope was > 0.12 of a MA as to research an appropreite setting for use in a strat

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your reply.

In the video I provided I showed using either High or Low price. These are typically used because when you scroll your chart left or right and the price scale is on autoscale the arrows will usually be visible. You can also use any indicator that provides a plot.

Regarding slope, I've attached an example where if the slope of a 20 period SMA is > 0.12, for each bar where that is true, to draw a blue dot on the 20 period moving average.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DTSSTS-1.PNG
Views:	125
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1046068
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

if the attachment is the image show in the post, i see it but i CANNOT read the input window is too small. I do not see an attachment or link to open a image file to view larger

Comment

i got it open now thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
            2 responses