• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I unlocked my strategy to modify code. Now how do I lock it back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I unlocked my strategy to modify code. Now how do I lock it back?

Well, I just wrote my first strategy from a 3rd party indicator and it works but need some tweaks.

I wanted to add some time constraints but couldn't figure it out in the builder, so I unlocked the code. Later, I found out once a strategy is Unlocked, the Strategy Builder can no longer be used for it. I got the trade times worked out and then I decided to create some more user input parameters to change the trade times from the strategy window. Well, the compiler doesn't like that, but the builder would add the parameters if it was available. Which it isn't.

My dilemma now is two-fold. How can I insert more user user input parameters into the code and re-lock the strategy and use the builder.

Sounds reasonable right? But once unlocked never locked again?

Got any ideas?

Drew

Hello ajadams,

The Strategy Builder must keep the strategy locked to to prevent any manual editing. Once the strategy is unlocked and manually edited the strategy builder is no longer able to open the script and the script can no longer be opened by the Strategy Builder.

This is detailed in the NinjaScript Editor 401 course which I am including a public link to below.
    https://youtu.be/BA0W4ECyVdc

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by JohnAymin, Today, 02:38 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post JohnAymin  
    Started by Rmos22, Today, 02:20 PM
    0 responses