Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exit Strategies using Indicators SUPPORT this development Acquire Account Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit Strategies using Indicators SUPPORT this development Acquire Account Position

When Creating Strategies the is a choice of Start Behavior to "Adopt Account Position" however when applied to a symbol through the Strategies tab or a chart that start behavior is not available when enabling the strategy

There is a feature request identified as SFT-3696, " Strategy Builder: Implement ‘IsAdoptAccountPositionAware’ bool" that was created. YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED. PLEASE EMAIL SUPPORT AND support the development of this feature

I prefer to Alert a Trade Setup and Manually enter the position. Like most I will use StopLoss and Profit Targets but i prefer to exit based on indicators as well. With this feature you can develop a Strategy that manages Exits of positions to exit with targets as well as pull back but with indicators as well.

To be able to do this you would need to adopt account position with you enabled Exit Strategy.

Thanks for any support - Good Trading

Hello DTSSTS,
    Thanks for your post.

That feature request is only within the scope of the Strategy Builder and does not pertain to a strategy that is unlocked.

Are you saying that when you are inside the Strategies window you do not see a property for StartBehavior?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NO I am saying when in Strategy Builder the Start Behavior has this available

and when am inside the Strategies Window to apply settings and enable the StartBehavior that choice was omitted from the pulldown menu. So if you build your Strategy using that choice it will not function. I do not know why they left it our of the menus.

Another item they left out when applying a New Strategy in the control center tab at the time frame area you can only select "Days to Load" where as on chart and Data Series for Charts you have a choice of Days to Load vs Bars to Load. When trading from chart and/or strategies that are tick based the Number of Bars is optimized with the strategy and the Number of bars can greatly change you indicators and you should be able to load your Strategies in the control Center to Match your optimization of Number of Bars you have choosen. Load Number of Days only will cause quite a difference in your Strategy Alerts and buy orders many times as much as 1.00 later that the same Strategy loaded on a chart with the correct number of BARS. This is a big deal

Comment

DTSSTS,

I see. I do not have any updates on that feature request at this time.

We can leave this forum post open for anyone that would like to submit their vote for that feature request.
        Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        1 response
        0 likes