Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Loading Strategy into Control Center NO number Bars to Load is an Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Strategy into Control Center NO number Bars to Load is an Option

Strategy Created using Tick Data Series and Optimized our indicators and Strategy Order entries based on Time Frame using Number of Bars Loaded. Instruments Vary Greatly in how many bars appear per day. Our Strategies are running on 600 Bar to Load. When adding a new strategy from within the Control Center Strategy Tab Bars to Load is Not an Option. (only Day to Load) As you know some instruments 600 bars to load could be 30 days and others may only be 2 or 3 days.

Charts created and comparison of indicator plots on chart with 200 vs 600 vs 5 days will be significantly different. So Day to Load is NOT applicable to tick charts strategies.

How can we overcome this issue. If I load a strategy on a Chart and enable and do not close the chart or change the instrument the Strategy remains in the control panel. Is that loaded on Day or the Actual Bars from my Open Chart.

If i edit in the Strategy Control Center Tab and Save the settings, am i saving X number of days or am I saving the Number of Bars from my chart. If I am saving the number of bars from my chart then the Strategy could be loaded from the Control Center and the Day to Load would NOT be used?

Please Verify.

Hello DTSSTS,

Thank you for your question.

In this situation, what you are seeing is expected, the control center specifically uses Days to load where a chart has some alternative options to load data.

If you specifically need to use a set number of Bars to load instead of days, you would need to apply the strategy using a chart that is configured the way you want. The settings from the chart where it is applied would be used as it was applied there.

After the strategy has been applied and enabled on the chart, if you disable it and go to edit an existing instance from the control center it will not allow you to reconfigure days to load as it uses the chart series. This is the same case with any strategy that has been enabled, it would not let you change the series from the control center directly, you would just remove it and reapply it to start it on a new series.

I will additionally put in a feature request for the control center to share the same data selection options as the chart when applying a strategy.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

LAST PART OF QUESTION
      If i edit in the Strategy Control Center Tab and Save the settings, am I saving the Number of Bars from my chart. If I am saving the number of bars from my chart then the Strategy could be loaded from the Control Center

Hoping can save a template so can load new strategy in the control center, load the template, and have my number of bars loaded that way?

Is that what happens?

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thank you for your reply.

This would not be possible. If you want to use Bars instead of Days you need to use a chart specifically. You can apply a template to the strategy when applying it n the chart, so long as you have applied the strategy to the chart it would use the chart data series settings which can have Bars selected. When you create the strategy in the control center there is only 1 option that can be used which is Days to load, the template will not affect this or change it to bars.

Comment

thanks have a nice weekend

Comment

Jesse another feature request would be to have a Number of bars to load for Strategy Analyzer for Testing as Well

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for pointing that out, I will put in a request for this as well.

Once I have some tracking ID's on these requests I will post them back here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes