Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

changing order of SET tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing order of SET tabs

if i understand Tab 1 is ran before Tab 2 etc. So i have 9 tabs and Now i wish to add a conditions of a starting time and ending time to start trading. This should be in SET 1 to be checked before other scripts

so i make a new set and move to the first position. Compile and go back to find IT did not stay as Set1

Hi DTSSTS,
    I had suggested the exact same thing (and other very basic features) a while ago.

It appears as if none of these basic features were implemented in recent releases.
    Perhaps it helps, if people start to "like" the idea.
    Thx.
    Kind regards
    NT-Roland

Comment

Strategy Builder is very good. Support is very good. Tutorials cover the very basics. But the details required to build a Strategy, setting order true, false, placeholders etc are never even mentioned. I have been working on a Strategy for 5 weeks NOT close to finished because of the volume of questions that have to be answered to proceed and the need to test real time. This week I just quit trading for 3 days to test and tweak. Wearing me out.

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Reordering the tabs is possible.

I want to be clear about the issue. To confirm, you are changing the order of the tabs and when compiling and then closing and re-opening the script in the Strategy Builder the tabs have reverted to the previous locations? Is this correct?

I am not able to reproduce this behavior.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates.

Are you using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.17.1)?

If you follow the same steps in the video are you getting different behavior?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no i believe roland and myself were moving the tab order compiling and continuing to work and the tab would not remain where moved

SO we need to move 1 or 2 around immediately compile and finish before proceed with further modifications?

i can confirm i moved a tab, compile, finish and closed and reopen and the tab stayed in the new position
          thanks

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Compiling saves your changes and gets the script ready to be run.

However, what are you stating is the exact issue?

Is the issue reproducible?

What steps need to be taken to reproduce the behavior?

Comment

what i have experienced on several ocassions for example is to have 5 or more tabs, add a new tab, add a few conditions, move to Set 1 position, Compile

Then continue to modify other set tabs and create more set tabs, compile again Look back to find the FIRST one I moved to set 1 has now re positioned itself back in the middle where it was when originally created. I NEVER ACTUALLY closed the strategy builder and reopen when i had the issue

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

I closed and re-opened the Strategy Builder to demonstrate that the changes were saved that way and load correctly even if the Strategy Builder is closed and re-opened.

I've made a new video with 5 tabs, I've re-arranged the tabs, then without closing the Strategy Builder window I've added a new tab and was not able to reproduce.

May I confirm you are able to reproduce using the steps shown in the video?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes