Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unirenko Targetand stops CANCELon new bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unirenko Targetand stops CANCELon new bar

NT8.0.17.1 64-bit Unirenko strategy enters fine. On new bar the targets and stops cancel. Tried reloading NT8 clean and it is still happening. Any help would be appreciated since without the targets and stops I am not able to reliably trade the strategy - created with Strategy Builder - so no customizing T/S.

The target and stops seem to cancel the way a strategy entry does if not executed in the current bar. This does not occur in NT7.
    Last edited by JMont1; 02-11-2019, 11:48 PM.

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your post.

Please post your code and example code that demonstrates the issue.

If you would prefer not to post your code publicly, please write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com, attach your code file to your e-mail. Mark the e-mail subject line atten:Paul and include a link to this thread for reference in the body of the e-mail
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FYI all -- message from support on this issue:

Just to update you, after further review we were able to recreate the issue with a simplified test script. We will investigate further and will update you with our findings. Thanks in advance for your patience while we dig into this further.

Comment

NinjaTrader_PaulH Since no fix yet I tried to use Strategy Builder's Bool to turn on and off a forced exit at the target. Strategy compiles fine.

But when implementing the strategy it does not give the option to change the bool from my default of false to true. This means I cannot turn on this step in the strategy making it none existent.

PLEASE see if this is another bug. Thank you.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your post.

As of this morning, development has confirmed that the canceling of the trailing stop and profit has been fixed and will be available in the next release of NinjaTrader8. I do not know specifically when that will occur.

For the issue you are reporting today, Please post a screenshot of where the variable/input is created and where it is that you are trying to change its status.

Comment

Three images:
            First is creating the Bool
            Second putting bool in the Step
            Third image shows the list of parameters and other options and it does not show up
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ATMOK1.png
Views:	398
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1050252Click image for larger version

Name:	ATMOK1set.png
Views:	411
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1050253Click image for larger version

Name:	ATMOK1setNOT.png
Views:	396
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1050254Click image for larger version

Name:	ATMOK1setNOT.png
Views:	411
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1050255

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your reply.

In your example, in the variables table, ATMok and ATMok2 are what would be called "internal variables" or "private" variables that are used within the strategy itself and are not "exposed". These variables can have their state changed while the strategy is running in the "action" section of a set and would be found in the Misc folder.

If you want to use a bool to change something when you apply the strategy, for example, you want the strategy instance to do or not do something, then you would want to create a bool as an input variable that then would be available in the user interface to set as you wish. Like other inputs, it would be read-only and would not change states from what you set it as when you apply the strategy.

From your description, I suspect you want to create the bool as an input.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your post.

As of this morning, development has confirmed that the canceling of the trailing stop and profit has been fixed and will be available in the next release of NinjaTrader8. I do not know specifically when that will occur.

For the issue you are reporting today, Please post a screenshot of where the variable/input is created and where it is that you are trying to change its status.
                Been a long wait for the new version - if I have not missed one. PLEASE be sure the fix is coming out soon. Thank you.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your post.

I will look into the status and update this thread when I have further information.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

The bug fix identified as [NTEIGHT-13574] "Strategy on Renko Series will cancel SetProfitTarget & SetTrailingStop orders on 1st trailing stop modification" was planned for the 8.0.18.0 release however we found an additional conflict this caused and this was pulled from the 8.0.18.0 release. It is currently slated for the next release of NinjaTrader unless further related issues are found between now and then. As before I cannot advise when the next release will occur. Thanks in advance for your continued patience on this topic.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

The bug fix identified as [NTEIGHT-13574] "Strategy on Renko Series will cancel SetProfitTarget & SetTrailingStop orders on 1st trailing stop modification" was planned for the 8.0.18.0 release however we found an additional conflict this caused and this was pulled from the 8.0.18.0 release. It is currently slated for the next release of NinjaTrader unless further related issues are found between now and then. As before I cannot advise when the next release will occur. Thanks in advance for your continued patience on this topic.
                      Thought I was not seeing the fix. This is disappointing since I started this in February. Please push for correction in next release. It is VERY difficult to use the strategy without this basic capability.

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are not already, you can use the fixed stoploss without issue until the fix has been implemented.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are not already, you can use the fixed stoploss without issue until the fix has been implemented.
                          Great advice - thought all stops were affected. So I will use the trail stop in backtest because that seems to work and then use the standard stop for Sim/Live trading. Thank you for this advice.

Comment

Standard Stop did not work out so well. I thought they would be created as moveable stops so I could adjust without killing the strategy. Unfortunately, they are absolutely FIXED as your name for them indicates. So there is not way to use them as manual MOVING stops and TARGETS.

Thanks for the thought tho.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, in the strategy builder the SetStopLoss is not dynamically adjustable.

If you want to stay within the strategy builder environment, an alternative would be to code your own trailing stop. My Colleague Chelsea has created an example of a breakeven type as well as a trailing stop type in this thread: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rategy-builder

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes