Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder - trades on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder - trades on chart

I am creating a very simple strategy. If we go straight to condition and actions, I have 4 conditions that all need to be met and then one action.

The conditions are as follows: If close (4) < open (4) (i.e. a red candle 4 days ago), If close (3) < open (3) (red candle 3 days ago), if close (2) > open (2) (green candle 2 days ago), if close (1) > open (1) (green candle 1 day ago)

The action is as follows: Enter long position by a stop order with the stop price High (1) (i.e. if price (0) trades above the high of the previous candle (1), enter long.

For some reason, the trades are not showing up on a chart? Why is that? I have plot and execution selected also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello adams016,

Thanks for your post.

If the strategy is or is not taking actions as you would expect, debugging steps should be taken to monitor the strategy logic and determine what values are being used to evaluate your conditions and if these conditions becoming true or not.

As a first step, I would suggest checking the Log tab of the Control Center if there are any errors.

If there are errors, steps should be taken to correct the error. Please provide a screenshot for any errors that are not clear so we can give further input.

If there are not any errors, the issue would be that the strategy logic is not allowing the order methods to fire. Debugging the strategy by adding prints to monitor the strategy logic will have to be done to find out why the strategy logic is not allowing the orders to fire. I have included a video showing how debugging prints can be added in the Strategy Builder. This is my own video that is publicly available.

Debugging with the Strategy Builder - https://www.screencast.com/t/8uvjfM8h

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes