Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

order quantity change from chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order quantity change from chart

Greetings,

Is there a way to change order QUANTITY, that's recognised by the strategy that placed the order ? A PRICE change from the Control Panel or the Chart Trader is recognised by the strategy.

Bruce

Hello BGWTEX,
    Thanks for your post.

You would not be able to manually change the order quantity of your strategy generated order. Can you give me the specific scenario when you want to change the order quantity?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK Josh,

I have a Long position with a Buy Order below to add to the position. I want to increase the quantity of the Buy Order. After the Buy Order fills, I want orders entered, based on the actual quantity of the Buy Order fill. The actual quantity of the Buy Order fill is different from the Strategy quantity of the Buy Order fill. Running the Strategy more than one time simultaneously (where's the spell check on this thing ?), on one or more Accounts.

I have a Long position with a Stop Loss Order below to exit the position to Flat. I want to increase the quantity of the Stop Loss Order, to reverse the position to Short. After the Stop Loss Order fills, I then want orders entered, based on the actual postion quantity. The actual postion quantity is different from the Strategy position. Running the Strategy more than one time simultaneously, on one or more Accounts.

Bruce

Comment

BGWTEX,

You would need to hardcode that sequence of events(and order quantity) into your strategy for that to be possible. It would not be possible from Chart Trader or the Control Panel.
        Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses