Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

please create a breakeven for Strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking at this example: ached FilesTo set up a BE stop after a target is hit do i need to create all 4 sets as shown or just one of the sets?

Comment

Hello JTizz,

The strategy uses a variable called StopLossMode to track when the stop loss should be moved to another level.

When the entry order is submitted, this is set to 0 and the initial stop level will be used.

When the price goes up 10 ticks from the average entry price, StopLossMode to 1. (Set 5)

Set 3 then checks if StopLossMode is 1 and the stop is moved to the breakeven point.

You can do something similar in Set 5 to check if the the current market price traveled the same distance as your profit target, or you can check Misc > Bars Since Exit equals Misc > Numeric Value > 0 which would mean an Exit order has executed.

If you use Misc > Bars Since Exit, I may suggest using Exit methods for your profit target, similar to how the example here uses Exit methods for the stop loss. This way you can specify your own Signal name for the Profit Target and use that unique Signal name with Misc > Bars Since Exit.

Exiting a market position - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...MarketPosition

We look forward to assisting.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do you have any videos showing how to set this up from scratch. I cannot get this to work. Thx

Comment

Hi JTizz, thanks for your reply.

I don't have a specific video just for this. Cloud you Export what you have and attach to your next post so I can take a look?

I look forward to hearing from you.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI

I have built a strategy with the Strategy Builder. It replicates how i would trade so Im happy with entries.

I need a strategy to move to break even and I have downloaded the one you posted.

My question is. Should I incorporate that builder into my strategy or can I just let my strategy enter and exit and attach your strategy to look after the B/E element.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but Im just getting into this side of things

Comment

Hello PPDOC, thanks for your post.

If you need the same functionality in your strategy we would recommend first to fully understand what is happening in the original example so the same idea can be applied to your strategy. Once you know exactly how it works the same logic can be incorporated into your strategy. There is no automatic way of unifying two strategies, nor can a strategy see the logic/positions/actions of another strategy made in the builder.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader Team,

While this Break Even template does work; for some reason it only works when I turn the built in stop loss off. To make matters worse, when I built a stop loss system manually (using the same logic as the break even; except allowing the stop loss stop value to preside when "MoveToBreakEven" is set at False), the stop losses only work sometimes. Can you help me understand why the built in stop won't work with this system, and a way to accomplish a reliable alternative?

(PS: I tried it on the sample provided and the BE stop ceased working there too).

Thanks,
                MB
                Last edited by cmbynes; 06-10-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Hi MB, thanks for your post.

Could you let me know which file you are using? The examples from Jim in post #12 are working for me.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by DTSSTS View Post
                    Great Video to set Break Even or Other advancing stops
                    DTSSTS I tried to click on this video. It sounds like exactly what I am trying to achieve but the link is no longer available? Is there anyway to repost it ?

Thank You

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                    13 responses
                    0 likes