• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello explorer101,

Thanks for your post.

We will add your vote to SFT-2719.

Yes, the current functionality allows you to add the stop (or profit) to an indicator once the ATM is active (IE: on the chart). If you are using a single level for your stop (or target) and a quantity of 3, all 3 would be moved to indicator with one click. If you have a multi-level stop or target, then yes for each separate order you would have to then click and attach to the indicator.

Leave a comment:

• explorer101
    replied
    Please add my vote to this but also before doing so ......

Is this being proposed only for within writing strategy code and or the chart trader atm template creation process?

My question relates more to the chart trader and attach order to indicator process - ninja please move / relocate create a new thread post if needed

Can you confirm in the current functionality - once an entry is filled and my atm strategy stop appears on the chart i can then attach to an indicator ; if i have 2,3,4 contracts in my ATM template this currently requires 4 separate attachments to the chosen indicator value option Plot in the attach to indicator dropdown ? Is there a more efficient way of doing this for all stops particularly when all are at the same price? is this doable currently ? if not can this be improved for efficiency in the attach to process?

Also in relation to this feature request will the multiple contract ATM template attach stops to the same indicator plot once?

Would be great if both approaches the manual attachment and the proposed feature request here do both efficiently

please advise and if any clarity needed

thanks
    Last edited by explorer101; 03-26-2019, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your post.

You vote has been added.

Leave a comment:

• DTSSTS
    replied
    i vote for SFT-2719

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello woodyfox,

Your vote has been added to the existing feature request identified as SFT-2719, "Configure ATM's stop loss to trail an indicator"

Leave a comment:

• woodyfox
    replied
    Awesome, Thank You Paul!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello woodyfox,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

I will create the feature request and will update this thread when the feature request is provided an SFT number.

Leave a comment:

• woodyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
    Hello woodyfox,

Thanks for your post.

You can currently attach your ATM stop to an indicator however you first have to have the ATM active on the chart. You then right mouse click on the stop and select "attach to indicator". Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Just to clarify, you want to create an ATM template where you can specify to have the stop attach to an indicator on the chart? If that is what you want to do there would be issues with that because the indicator may not be on the chart, the indicator may not be in the correct position relative to the entry price/direction.
    Fully aware of the manual attach to indicator ability.

Yes that is correct, I want to create an ATM template where you can specify to have the stop attach to an indicator on the chart?

Couldn't the ATM template just use current chart indicators. The ATM does not have to be saveable. (Just like Alerts can be attached to current indicators, but are not savable?) There is no difference imho. As far at placement of indicator? The same issues arise if you attach manually to a chart indicator. If the value flips to a position that is not possible for the type of order you are using, it will cause errors. So whats the difference.

So again yes, I would like to have a feature request opened. I think this would be a popular feature.
    Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello woodyfox,

Thanks for your post.

You can currently attach your ATM stop to an indicator however you first have to have the ATM active on the chart. You then right mouse click on the stop and select "attach to indicator". Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Just to clarify, you want to create an ATM template where you can specify to have the stop attach to an indicator on the chart? If that is what you want to do there would be issues with that because the indicator may not be on the chart, the indicator may not be in the correct position relative to the entry price/direction.

Leave a comment:

• Adding attach to indicator within the ATM Strategy Parameters

Hi,
    I would like to put a request in for a feature. It would be nice to have an option in the ATM Strategy Parameters that allows for attaching your stop loss to and indicator value (To trail with).
    Any likely hood of this.
    Thanks,

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Trader146, Today, 09:17 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Trader146  
Started by ttrader23, 05-08-2024, 09:04 AM
9 responses
0 likes