• Stevetrader
    replied
    SFT-2719 Please add my vote as well

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello guw75 & pjsmith,

pjsmith, your vote has been added to SFT-3920

guw75, your vote has been added to SFT-2719.

Thank you both for your interest in these feature requests.

Feature Request Disclaimer.
    We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
    When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
    Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Leave a comment:

• guw75
    replied
    SFT-2719 Please add my vote as well

Leave a comment:

• pjsmith
    replied
    Please add my vote for this also. It would address and issue I am currently looking at.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello explorer101,

The feature request you asked for has been assigned as SFT-3920.

Thanks for your interest to improve NinjaTrader8.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello explorer101,

Thanks for your reply.

I will write up a feature request to specify the ability to split stops and targets once they are on the chart. If a feature request for this already exists, your vote will be added to it.
    I will update this thread when I have further information, thanks in advance for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• explorer101
    replied
    thanks for confirming ; thats what i thought
    Has there been a feature request to be able to split them up once the stops and targets are on the chart
    ie with a right click option to separate - just a thought as to how this could be done

as at times whilst it may be intended to have at one level either targets or stops ; market conditions may change and you want to now split up the targets
    or will this have implications on the actual orders as managed by ATM and how they are sent to the exchange ?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello explorer101,

Thanks for your reply.

When an ATM is created with all profits targets on one step/level, they could not be separated. You would need to create a step/level for each order if you wanted to move them individually.

Leave a comment:

• explorer101
    replied
    Im not disputing the value of being able to attach individual stops even if initially all at same level to different indicators and providing that flexibility to support that trade style

However in focusing on all that flexibility your programmers/design team have omitted the more simple instances and wanting all the stops attached to one indicator price level
    This is where at times it seems ninja is not designed by traders for traders and too much non intuitive flexibility is offered that is not efficient from a trade execution process perspective.

So yes "
    • I will request that we add the ability to apply the indicator to all ATM contracts as well as the option to select individually

would cover this but as in the NT8 help - is called attach order to indicator process and not the other way around

So can you confirm if an ATM has all targets and stops at the same level - once an order is filled and those targets and stops appear on the chart ; there is no way to then separate these out eg the targets to different levels? to do so you need to separate them out in the initial atm setup ?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello explorer101,

Thanks for your reply.

We are talking about the current state of what you can do today, yes that is correct. I could not answer the specific question of "who would do this?" but it does not stretch the imagination to see that having individual stops allows you to apply them to different indicators, such as moving averages, indicators based on pivots, fib retracements/extensions, atr values, etc. So there is value in being able to adjust individually depending on the type of trading that you do and while it may not be efficient for your particular trading style, it currently can be done.

With reference to SFT-2719, "Configure ATM's stop loss to trail an indicator", I will request that we add the ability to apply the indicator to all ATM contracts as well as the option to select individually. I trust this will meet your needs while keeping options open for others that want that individual capability.

Leave a comment:

• explorer101
    replied
    And so back to my original post and question ....

so what you are saying is that the only way to have a multi-contract ie > 1 contracts in ATM to be able to attach ONCE to an indicator plot for the generated stops - the stops would all need to be at the same level AND the targets would need to be at the same level ?

If that is the case this is not useable and who would do this? the problem with this is that you cant separate out the targets (easily or at all if im not mistaken) meaning they all hit the same target price even if you tried to move them ? Again who does this?

So again as in my post can you not make this more efficient as it seems to me more probable and likely that there will be multiple targets but the stops are more likely to be at the same level and in some instances at different levels - but where they are at the same level one should be able to only need to attach ONCE for this group of stops to the indicator plot?

What am i not clear on here? And as i proposed can we make this more efficient and useable and intuitive if it is indeed as restrictive as you are trying to indicate to me

thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello explorer101,

Thanks for your reply.

To clarify, " If you have a multi-level stop or target, then yes for each separate order you would have to then click and attach to the indicator." So in your multi-level ATM, even though the stops are at the same level, they each would need to be adjusted if you wanted all three on the same indicator.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 03-27-2019, 10:05 AM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• explorer101
    replied
    thanks paul - but in testing where i have 3 contracts with 3 different targets but the stop loss is the same and stop strategy is set to none ( what i was told and in the help is recommended to leave this to none) - it required me to one by one attach the generated stop orders once order is filled to my stop level indicator plot i choose. Can you test this or confirm this as what you state does not happen ie in one click - yes i am running the latest ninjatrader version
    thanks

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
7 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
0 responses
0 likes