Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot Executions don't show on 1 of 2 charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Executions don't show on 1 of 2 charts

My plot executions don't show on the NQ chart shown in my attached screen shot. You will notice they do show on the ES chart.

Plot Executions is set to Text and marker for both charts.
    I am running this using Playback connection.

You will also notice in my screen shot there are executions for both ES and NQ.

Hello TradingDreamer,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, do you see trades while using the SampleMACrossOver strategy? This would be a simple way to test if this is related to that specific script or another setting.

Also if you right click in the chart and then view the Strategy Performance for historical + real-time do you see results being listed?

Can you also tell me, is this a multi-series script or is this just a single series script?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I apply the SampleMACrossOver to both charts (ES and NQ), I see the markers on both.

My strategy, which is applied to just the NQ chart (the chart not showing the markers), uses
      AddDataSeries("ES 03-19", new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType)1200, Value = 1200, Value2 = 7}); in the State.Config. This is a custom bar type.

I'm experimenting with multi instruments. I find it weird that I can trade both instruments in the one strategy (just applied to the NQ chart) and only see the executions on the chart for ES, but I don't see the markers on the NQ chart. My strategy is just on NQ using an ATM strategy. If I comment out the executions for ES, I still don't see the markets on the chart for NQ when NQ trades.

How does the following code know to place an order for NQ? Is it based on my ATM name because I have the SuperDOM setup with the instrument and the ATM strategy name?

AtmStrategyCreate(OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Market, 0, 0, TimeInForce.Day, orderId, "NQ4P6L", atmStrategyId, (atmCallbackErrorCode, atmCallBackId) => {
      //check that the atm strategy create did not result in error, and that the requested atm strategy matches the id in callback
      if (atmCallbackErrorCode == ErrorCode.NoError && atmCallBackId == atmStrategyId)
      {

}

});

The executions tab shows trades for both when I have the ES code active. It only shows trades for NQ when the ES comments out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

On the ES chat the Y axis is for the ES, how should NT plot executions for NQ or CL or 6A, et al on the ES's Y axis?

Comment

Originally posted by TradingDreamer View Post
          I find it weird that I can trade both instruments in the one strategy (just applied to the NQ chart) and only see the executions on the chart for ES, but I don't see the markers on the NQ chart.
          Why would you expect to NQ execution markers on an ES chart?

The Y-axis and candlesticks on the chart are for the ES ...

Comment

Hello TradingDreamer,

Thank you for your reply.

I believe with the added details what you are seeing would be expected. You mentioned you are using the ATM strategy methods and not the Managed or Unmanaged approach. The ATM strategy methods do work differently than the managed and unmanaged approach and I believe there is a specific explanation for what you see here.

Because you have a strategy applied to the NQ chart, that chart will only display executions for the applied strategy, however, you used the ATM orders which will not show as an execution marker while the strategy is applied because that strategy is not actually managing those orders. Its just submitting an ATM strategy which is separate.

The other chart does not have the strategy applied which would allow it to see the account executions. Because you are trading a multi-instrument script, the chart without the strategy can see executions where the chart with the strategy cannot. In this case, I believe we are just seeing an expected scenario with ATM strategies. In the SampleMACrossOver use case, that uses the managed approach so we see all executions because that strategy is managing those executions and orders directly.

I believe one solution here is to open a second NQ chart so you can observe the executions where the strategy is not applied, you could additionally apply the strategy to the control center directly and then the charts will be free of strategy instances allowing the account executions to be in view.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your assessment is correct and when I open another NQ chart, I see the trade markers. Thank you for the help. I will continue to experiment with multi-instrument coding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB