Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi Instrument - Specify No Primary Symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Instrument - Specify No Primary Symbol?

I have a strategy that runs on hundreds of stocks. Originally I was loading the strategy against a Ninja Instrument List which would load it hundreds of times into the Strategy window.

I have moved away from this behavior and have set it up to run against a list of symbols that are added to the strategy as a new data series and managed by one single instance of the strategy.

This works great so far however I have to have a base instrument to run against, is there any way to specify no instrument and let the strategy load my instruments at runtime? It may sound trivial but it would be nice to prevent 1 symbol from being on the large list and having to set it up that way. Thanks.

Hello fxRichard,

Thank you for your note.

A strategy needs to be applied to a primary instrument, there is no way around this with a strategy.

You could use one of the symbols in the list as the primary, as I'm sure you know.

The other route would be to build your strategy as an Addon, but this would require a great deal of work and consideration to prevent 1 symbols data series being loaded. You can read more about addon development at the link below,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post spwizard  
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes