Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy tab and workspace problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy tab and workspace problem?

When I save a workspace with my strategys and I close nt8 it wont reopen til the time I saved the workplace

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for the post.

I am not certain I understand the way you worded this:

it wont reopen til the time I saved the workplace
    Can you detail further what you are seeing happen here?

Are you seeing the workspace does not open at all or it is not being saved?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it is not being saved

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for clearing that up.

Are you seeing any errors in the control centers log tab if you manually save the workspace? If you are, please provide either an image or copy/paste of line of the error. You can select rows and Control + C to copy them from the log.

Comment

no im not seeing that

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for checking that.

You may need to do some more testing to find what controls the scripts not saving.

You noted you are saving multiple strategies in the workspace. Does this happen with 1 specific script or have you further tested to isolate an offending strategy? If so, is this one you have created yourself that you can debug further?

Comment

yes i created it myself how can i debug

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for checking that.

If this is a manually coded strategy, the easiest way is to comment out parts of the script until you see the problem resolves. This will help to point a direction toward the offending syntax. Often when workspaces cannot save or restore it is caused by public properties in the script. I generally suggest to just comment out the OnBarUpdate code and leave only the OnStateChange logic/properties and test from there. If the problem still exists, do this again by commenting out the public properties and leaving OnStateChange. This will help identify a baseline of where the problem starts. With that known, it would be more easy to locate the syntax.

You may additionally check if the problem is during loading the workspace, the error would be in the log after loading the workspace.

For a strategy builder strategy, you have the option of saving conditions as templates which you can then remove them. However it may be easier to create a new strategy, and then load in templates or configure it, in the same way, to see where the failure occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                  Hello rickyblah12,

For a strategy builder strategy, you have the option of saving conditions as templates which you can then remove them. However it may be easier to create a new strategy, and then load in templates or configure it, in the same way, to see where the failure occurs.

can you tell me how I do that step by step...what you said has no direction at all LOL

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

There are more details on how to use the builder's templates in the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...dActionsScreen

I can suggest saving templates of your conditions to make testing easier, this would mainly be so you don't have to rebuild each step manually if you remove a condition for testing.

Creating a new script is also a good way to go about testing this situation. Mirroring each step of what you did in the failing script one step at a time and retesting the new script is likely the easiest way to isolate the problem. Once you find that you have added the failing part to the new script we can review that together to see why that's happening. I would generally not expect a strategy builder script to fail to save in the workspace but I also do not know what was created at this point. This is very likely related to a specific condition, action or configuration used which we can troubleshoot once found.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

that says nothing about debuging

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Correct, this link explains using templates in the builder but does not have any information about debugging. This page has information about a part of the builder which can help you while you are testing. Templates allow you to save conditions preventing duplicate work. At this time we don't have a specific step by step guide toward debugging in the builder that I can provide for this situation.

The previous description of ways you can approach this problem would be a good place to start. Finding what demonstrates the problem would be the first step and will allow us to further explore a solution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jclose
                        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                        10 responses