Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I make day of week boolean value on strategy Builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for your reply.

I wanted to clarify, are you trying to make a day selection which will allow only 1 day of the week to trade or just make it so only what is selected is traded I.E. 2 or 3 days a week? The images seem to be cut off in the middle so they would not specifically help in this context, additionally, we would need to see the rest of the conditions you made to know how this should be working overall. For this question, it would likely be helpful if you can upload the whole script so we can see all of what you have done so far. Could you attach the strategy for review? https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tAsSourceFiles

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the strategy is just a simple sma crossover strategy...n trade whatever days I select only

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for the additional detail.

Unfortunately, this would not help me to better understand what is happening with your last question.

everything works fine the only problem is when only one box is checked the others will still take trades on those days
        ..how do i fix this
        You are asking about multiple conditions or sets from what I can gather however from the images provided I cannot see all of the details that I would need to formulate an answer. Would it be possible to attach the script so we can review the script together?

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello
          what u think chelsea

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Below is a link to video demonstrating checking that a bool named Monday is checked and there is a cross above, to draw a dot if the condition is true. This example only draws dots when there is a cross above if the day of week is monday and if the bool named Monday is checked.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello rickyblah12,

Below is a link to video demonstrating checking that a bool named Monday is checked and there is a cross above, to draw a dot if the condition is true. This example only draws dots when there is a cross above if the day of week is monday and if the bool named Monday is checked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_k...w?usp=drivesdk
              ok thank you that video was very helpful...how would I make a drop down for a input I tried everything...for example if I want to choose between 3 different options for any indicator but on the strategy menu

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

For a drop-down you would need to unlock the script and add this code by hand. It would be a public DayOfWeek property.

However, when I suggested a drop-down I was not fully understanding what you were wanting to achieve. The drop-down would be used for the user selecting a DayOfWeek value and comparing to see if the bar's DayOfWeek is equal to the selected value.

Comment

the drop down is for something else

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Enums properties will make a drop-down.

A DayOfWeek property would also result in a drop-down.

Comment

Thanks, clear for me. The video really helped. Made now 1 set per day and that works good

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

The video you shared above is not available anymore.

Do you still have it elsewhere?

Why not post the support videos on your youtube channel so they stay accessible?

Thanks a lot for your next reply.

Comment

Hello Cormick,

As I have tens of thousands of test and quick example videos on the forums and in emails the majority these get deleted once they are more than 2 years old unless they are important enough an official video needs to be created, sent through our compliance team, and then uploaded to our public facing YouTube channel.

As this is very simple to do, it does not warrant going through the lengthy process of compliance to get a video up on YouTube which is a huge process.

As its pretty simple, I have just taken screenshots and attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for the answer and screenshots.

I noticed you strategy builder 301 video is unlisted.

Why no create a/multiple unlisted youtube playlist-s with all the support videos you gals and guys make on a daily basis?

Sort of a Ninjatrader's technicians youtube videos vault any one could access.
                            With no need for the compliance corporate hassle (reserve this only for official presentations but not for customer support, thank you, or create just a generic CFTC disclaimer text and put it below the video in the youtube description / or a standard CFTC disclaimer footage you stick at the end of the videos).
                            Just pure support videos. Even without comments would be fine. Just the code for use to replicate and learn from.
                            As the Ninjatrader documentation is most often lacking the most important = demo examples.
                            Also allow comments for the videos so that we can time code the important parts (so that we can find them again quickly upon later review = + others leverage already done work = community value increase instead of wasted value).

Think about it from a customer (trader) point of view rather than a technician (coder) one.
                            To us traders it is value that is lost every time you delete content we cannot learn from and need to ask again to be repeated work.
                            No leveraging what's already been done.
                            Even if it is 10 years old we can still learn from it. But it has to be accessible.

That would leverage what has already been done (= value added not wasted instead of deleting valued content = more work/waste for the technicians and for the community).
                            It's always better to learn from over the shoulder of any technician than from just what they write (lacking example documentation) or utter (no proof of success until it is demonstrated), or from their uncommented code.

Watching you do it is always more fruitful.
                            Last edited by Cormick; 05-25-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Hello Cormick,

Strategy Builder 301 is number 11 in the NinjaTrader 8 Training playlist.
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf

The NinjaTrader 8 Training Playlist is on the NinjaTrader YouTube Channel landing page under NinjaTrader Platform Training.
                              NinjaTrader | Trading Platform and Futures Broker NinjaTrader is a leader in the futures trading industry, supporting over 1 million users around the globe with best-in-class technology, deep discount commissions and world class support. NinjaTrader's award-winning platform and futures brokerage equip active traders with the tools and support they need to succeed. You can also download our NinjaTrader mobile apps for iPhone or Android to enjoy seamless trading across devices through a cloud-based trading infrastructure. Whether you’re interested in analyzing the markets to uncover trading ideas, building rich and integrated trading apps, testing ideas through simulation and backtesting or utilizing 100s of built-in charts, NinjaTrader has you covered! Get your free demo with live market data at the Get NinjaTrader link below. Futures trading involves inherent risks and only risk capital should be used for trading. Please see below for a link to our full Risk Disclosure.

The NinjaTrader YouTube channel is linked from the NinjaTrader homepage in the Help menu.
                              NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

If you are not familiar with this playlist, this is a great place to start with learning how to use NinjaTrader 8.

There are also Feature and Tips playlists.
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wcvUJSTB5vDBcC
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wWeVYYjGUEYKym

NinjaTrader cannot host something publicly without it meeting compliance. At all. Ever.
                              We cannot stick a label at the bottom of something without it being reviewed first by the compliance officers. Trust me, if we could not, we absolutely would not go through the trouble it takes to get these hosted on YouTube if we just could just upload them without compliance.

We host these videos on our own personal google drives, drop-boxes, other and other free services so that we are not hosting them.

If each of our technicians put 20,000 videos on YouTube, YouTube would not allow it. Unfortunately, at this time we don't have our own hosting capabilities for the sheer number of videos our teams produce and we rely on 3rd party solutions at minimum cost to keep our support free and available to everyone. Further, on YouTube no one would be able to find anything unless you already had a link as there would be 500,000+ videos to sort through. These extremely short test or demo videos are created at request. We have no problem creating them again at request.

From a technicians point of view, we would like all of our videos permanently hosted by NinjaTrader. Then we wouldn't have to worry about running out of personal drive space with 3rd party hosting. But realistically this is not feasible and also is not the decisions of the support technicians but is a managerial one above our decision making. From a clients point of view, a video can always be re-created.

I put up screenshots as this would likely last longer as it they are uploaded to the forum instead of hosted. However, if you would prefer i make another 10 second video that shows how to click the buttons in the screenshots I provided above I am happy to do so.

If you further insist that this 10 second video is worth the trouble of passing through compliance and cannot be adequately described by the screenshots above, I am happy to make a request for that to be considered.

If you are to follow the Strategy Builder 301 training video, it does go through creating the Inputs, discusses the input variable types, and does show where the User inputs can be found in the Condition Builder, which more teaches how to use the Strategy Builder all over, instead of hundreds of smaller videos that demonstrate one thing.

Last, below is a link to a forum post with helpful information on getting started with NinjaScript and C#.
                              https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 05-25-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Ten of thousands tests we could all benefit from. If they were accessible.

They are all important enough (I still find good value with 10 years old Ninjatrader forum posts), again from a customer/trader pov, not for a technician with 100k+ hours under h-er/is belt.

Value your work, keep good record and archive it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post trilliantrader  
                                Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred