Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder Fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder Fx

Support Forum,

I'm trying to use the Strategy Builder but am running into errors :/

Questions:
    > When using the "crosses above or below" with "looking back period" I'm getting no data on a relatively simple criteria. Am I suppose to use the bars ago as well? ie/ Price crosses below BollingerBand.Lower within 10 bars (look back period) & EMA[3] crosses above EMA[3] from 1 bar ago is not producing results when I can see this happening in chart. Please provide links and an example if possible.

> While I wasn't able to get the crossing above or below working I decided to try the "IF ANY" of the following conditions are met with variable Grouping. Hoping to get an IF ELSE IF ELSE IF type of functionality. In this situation I'm get duplicates; essentially every group of criteria that meets conditions follows the enterLong request I have. Is this functionality suppose to work like IF ELSE IF and stop reviewing conditions once higher order condition is met?

Also trying to learn the stops and targets built into StratBuilder. Mainly trailing stop.
    Ideally I'd like to put trailing orders in when an indicator is triggered or series of indicators. If the price continues to grow I'd like the sell order to follow the price growth and sell at determined trailing stop (ie/ 1%). Similar to buying where I'd like buy order to follow price decline and sell at determined trailing stop. I currently can't find any advanced information or videos with examples.

Any videos or links that could help me better understand the advanced features and functions of Strategy Builder is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Blairski,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

I recommend that you start more slowly to help you understand what is going on with the strategy builder. One way that you can do that is to separate out your conditions into individual sets and then use an on chart marker to show when that condition is actually true. This form of visual debugging will serve you well as it removes the mystery of knowing when the condition is true. For example when you crossabove the Bollinger band place a green dot below the low. If you have other conditions you would place different colored dots above or below, at different vertical levels to then help you see when all of the conditions are true. To further assist, here is a short video i made that walks you through the process of locating markers on the chart and ensuring that you can see all of the markers (as by default you only see the latest one): https://www.screencast.com/t/Ijoqo7nde5vn

Once you have a clearer understanding of the conditions you can then combine them to form your strategy condition set to place orders (I would also continue to place a dot or some other marker to show where you expect to place an order)

The two type are: "If All" which is the logical "AND" and "If Any" which is the logical "OR".

The Trailstop, profit and stop are all limited to simple functionality in the strategy builder. If you want a trailing stop at 1% then that is all it will do. To get the further functionality you would have to unlock the code and create your own code.

Here is a link to the helpguide on the strategy builder, the conditions examples are a good reference:https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_builder.htm

Here is a link to a previous recording of the free strategy builder training we provide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...We0Nf&index=11

Here is a link to free live training : https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining Please note that the strategy builder is offered every other week.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes