Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Contracts abbreviations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts abbreviations

Hello, where can I find Futures Contracts abbreviations, like gold, crude oil, Nadaq, 10- years Treasury and so on?

thanks!

Hello U0000999,

Thanks for your post.

You can find the instrument abbreviated name with https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ument_name.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it possible in a demo account to use Crude Oil, Mini S&P, Mini DOW, Mini Nasdaq, Gold, 10 years Treasury, Japanese Yen and Swiss Frank futures? How can I find those contracts? NinjaTrader advices me only several of them.

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Thanks for your reply.

I misunderstood your question as you posted in the Strategy forum.

A demo is limited to the most common instruments and I think that all that you have listed would be available, Please note that NinjaTrader does not control the demo data feed nor instruments available in the demo. It is possible that you can select an instrument that does populate historically but is not live and this is because for the historical data the platform retrieves the data from our historical servers which would bring the data to the current moment but no further data would load as there would be no real time data for that instrument. FDAX would be an example of an instrument that shows historically but does not show (or connect) to live data.

I've created a short video on the instrument selector that shows how you can search for various instruments: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...MV8xMDE1MjA3MA

Comment

I've found XT (10 years treasures), japanese yen 6J and 6S Swiss Frank in a list of instruments (tools - instruments), but I cannot add them to tradable instruments. How to do this?

Comment

I would like to use those instruments in a simulating account

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Thanks for your replies.

When you create a chart you have the option to add an instrument from your drop-down list or next to the drop-down is the search magnifier. Left click on the search tool and in the "instruments window, type the instrument name such as 6J, then left click the 6J listing in the results section, finally click OK. This will pull the instrument and add the current contract to it to then populate your chart instrument, it will then add the 6J to your "recents list" so it is more readily available on the next usage of the instrument drop-down. You can find further details within the help guide, including video, here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...price_data.htm

Please keep in mind that in the demo, some instrument will not be available.

Comment

Is XT a US 10 years treasury symbol?

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Thanks for your reply.

The 10 year US treasury note futures would be the symbol ZN. The current contract is ZN 06-19

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes