Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need Help with Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Strategy Builder

Hi,
    I was able to get the entry properly for my strategy, but my stop loss and profit i am not understanding how.
    i am gonna try to be as clear as possible, for example, on an entry long from the crossover
    I've defined, that if the same entry candle closes lower than the previous open it would sell ( could consider that my stop loss) ( pic 1), and also that if for example 5 points above my entry point that the candle closes below the open of the previous candle it would sell.(pic 2)
    I am gonna put some pictures, hopefully it will help.

Thank you

Gregory
    Attached Files

Hello Gregory,

Thanks for writing in.

If I understand correctly, you would like your profit target to follow the rules of when current position is long, AND you have seen 5 points of unrealized PnL from your position, AND the Close of the bar is less than the Open from 1 bar ago.

You also want an exit where an iterating bar's Close is less than the Open from 1 bar ago AND that bar must be immediately after your entry's execution?

I've created a demonstration video showing what conditions could be used to create an exit following those rules.

Demo: https://www.screencast.com/t/mDJrWbp4hsi

For a general use tutorial for using the Strategy Builder, you may use the Strategy Builder 301 webinar recorded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt90GAs9k

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,
      Thank you for your reply.
      I think you understand what i need, but the 5 point is not the target the exit would be whenever the current bar closes below the 1 bar ago's open.
      So i have my entry setup in the conditions and actions, do i need to put it in the same set as the ones you created or need to be in a different set? I will have those conditions for long and short.
      I have watched the 301 video 3 times and still couldn't get it.

And thank you for the video you made, it is very helpful.
      Last edited by tradergv; 02-08-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Hello Gregory,

I think you understand what i need, but the 5 point is not the target the exit would be whenever the current bar closes below the 1 bar ago's open.
        The additional condition for the 5 point unrealized PnL could be removed if that is the case. Both condition sets include a check for the the Close of the CurrentBar being less than the Open of the previous bar.

So i have my entry setup in the conditions and actions, do i need to put it in the same set as the ones you created or need to be in a different set? I will have those conditions for long and short.
        The demonstration outlines a check for a Long position and what would be used for an exit. You would have to recreate the logic for a Short position and use Exit methods for a Short position under actions. Entries and Exits for Short and Long positions should typically all be placed in different condition sets.

I'm happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

So i just tried the strategy, and it is not working as i need it.
          Attached are the sets i have, let me know if it looks right.
          Thank you
          4. entry long
          5. entry short
          6-7-8-9 are the conditions you sent me in the video.

Gregory
          Attached Files

Comment

attached pic 9
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gregory,

There are only actions to EnterLong() and EnterShort() along side empty Condition Sets, the strategy won't do anything other than be able to take the EnterShort() and EnterLong() actions.

My demonstration was only meant to point out the components that would be used for the logic. You would have to match fromEntrySignals to EntrySignals of your Entry orders as well as tailoring the conditions to meet your exact needs and adding the desired exit methods to the Actions of the Condition Set.

I may recommend attending the live Strategy Builder 301 webinar for the opportunity to ask the presenter any questions you have on using the Strategy Builder. If you have any specific questions on using the Builder I could offer answers, but it is important to have a strong grasp on how the Strategy Builder is to be used so you can create the logic appropriately.

Live webinar - https://ninjatrader.com/Webinar/Strategy-Builder-301

We also have a large EcoSystem of vendors that would be willing to create any strategy as you desire. If you would like, I may have a member of our Business Development team reach out with additional information on NinjaScript Consultants. Just let me know if that is the case.

I'll be happy to be of any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes