Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Memory leak running Optimization using Range Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory leak running Optimization using Range Bars

Hey guys,
    I'm having an issue running an Optimization for one of my strategies where once it starts, the memory usage for Ninjatrader.exe keeps rising until it consumes virtually all physical memory. I've narrowed down the issue to using Range Bars for the Optimized Series (i.e. 2;10;2). If I use Minute series (i.e. 1;5;1), it works fine and finishes in 2-3 minutes.
    Is this a known issue?

Hello PN720,

Thank you for your post.

I was not able to get the same results while optimizing the SampleMACrossover strategy. One fact about the strategy analyzer that is pertinent is that the garbage collector does not run for strategy analyzer backtests/optimizations. This is done for performance reasons. If you are doing a long series of backtests, the memory will not be freed, and you should restart NinjaTrader if your memory is all taken up. The memory problem is likely coming from this fact as well as the code that makes up your strategy. Could you please post your script here for me to test? You may also send it into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, referencing this forum thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,
      I can reproduce this using the SampleMACrossover with a few additions. So, I've included my simple strategy and my settings and emailed them to the platformsupport address.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Jltarrau  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes