Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need Help Fixing Take Profit Discrepancy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Fixing Take Profit Discrepancy's

Hey everyone,

this is my first post up on the forum so thanks for all the help to everyone.

i've been using NT 8 for a while now but ive ran into this issue that i never figured out how to get around... my take profit values differ in strategy analyzer and market replay when compared to live trading. to help me narrow things down the take profit is set to 8 pips.

on live trading i get any where from $40-$60 even though the total pip profit is 8pips...
    on SA and market replay i get $80 which is what its supposed to be (with 1 lot)

first off let me say that i am aware that there are discrepancies between live trading and SA/MR i understand that and moderately understand the setting "historical fill resolution." i should also add in that the above results were with historical fill res at high @ every 1 tick.

my concern is not that there IS a discrepancy but rather how do i work around it. just because i got filled 2 pips off doesn't mean my take profit should give me less dollar value. i should be able to say to the system "set my take profit 8pip from my fill price."

i am uploading pictures of all three results.
    1st one is SA (Strategy analyzer)
    2nd is market replay
    3rd is live data

Thank you for the help!
    Attached Files

Hello travelingsalesman,
    Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

From your screenshots it looks like you are using a different strategy for your Playback connection. Is that the case?

I would also really like to view your log and trace files as well as your strategy to investigate this further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    You can attach your strategy by clicking the 'Attachment' field and navigating to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies

Please also reference this forum post in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Waxavi
    by Waxavi