Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pivot Touch plus MACD cross signal but different bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivot Touch plus MACD cross signal but different bars

Is it possible to create a strategy where price hits a certain pivot point and then, sometime in the near future, go long or short when the MACD crosses 0? For example, if NQM6 hit a daily S1 point (so price was going down) and then during the price recovery we would go long when MACD crossed above 0. The problem I have currently is that market replay allows a 'bars ago' input but the signal would occur 'in the future' and the time is not known when that happens.

Appreciate any input - even if to say it's not possible. Thanks all!

Hello Jschmelz,

This is likely possible.

Below is a link to the help guide on calling the Pivots indicator.

And a link on calling the MACD indicator.

As well as a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

With the logic, you can store information to variables. For example using a bool that is set to true when one condition is true (set as a trigger) and then requiring that bool to be true in another condition that completes the action at a later time and resets the bool for the next setup.

Below is a public link to a 3rd party educational site on bool.
    Test the bool type, which holds true or false. A bool occupies 1 byte of memory.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea! I'll dig through these and will follow up with any other questions.

Comment

So this would be something I would have to code in myself, correct?

Comment

Hello Jschmelz,

Yes, you would need to code the logic of the strategy.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Chelsea - if you could have someone follow up with me then that would be much appreciated. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello Jschmelz,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Chelsea.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Handclap0241