• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

making a copy of strategy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making a copy of strategy

When I right click in the code window to do a save as to make a copy, the save as is grayed out. Any reason it does this or whats another quick way to make a copy.

Thanks

Hello dedouglas,

The SaveAs should generally always be visible if you have a file open and have clicked in the text area of the file. Are you clicking in the window frame area or somewhere that is not specifically the text area of the file? In that case you would see the save as grayed out, otherwise, I would expect this to be visible.

Have you also noticed if this happens only in one script, or is this generally happening across all scripts?

An alternative, until this is figured out, would be to manually copy/paste the file and change its class name. You can open the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators, copy and paste the file in question to make a copy. An example is @SMA Copy.cs. Rename the file to MySma.cs. In the NinjaScript editor there will now be errors due to a naming conflict. Open the MySMA.cs and change it from public class SMA to public class MySMA. You additionally need to change the Name= in the State.SetDefaults and provide your own name.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ArmKnuckle, Today, 07:55 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post ArmKnuckle  
    Started by Nabil, Today, 07:46 PM
    0 responses