Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Attach order to lower pane study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach order to lower pane study

Can I attach a chart trader study to a lower pane study such as buy when K crosses above 20 or sell when K crosses below 80? Can I create a one-click template to do this?

Hello mrlucky1x,

Thanks for your post.

In NinjaTrader8 you could create a "chart alert" for those conditions an when they occur and action the alert can perform is to place an entry order. Once created on the chart, you could turn the alert on/off with two clicks. Please note that any chart alert entry order placed would not have any associated profit or stop targets so you would have to manually add those.

A better solution would be to create a ninjascript (or strategy builder) strategy that can determine the entry points and place the profit and stop targets as you program. Once the strategy is applied to the chart, you can enable/disable it with one click in the strategy tab.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I run strategies from the Market Analyzer window instead of a chart? For example if I want to run 5 strategies on 5 different underlyings would I need a chart open for each one?

Comment

Hello mrlucky1x,

Thanks for your post.

You would not be able to run a strategy in the market analyzer.

In NinjaTrader you can run a strategy from either a chart or from the strategies tab. Please see the following links for details:

In both cases, the strategy tab will contain the list of all strategies running. In the case of a strategy applied on a chart, any output from the strategy will be sent to the chart and the strategy will use the chart data series. In the case of running from the strategy tab, there would be no output to a chart as no chart would be linked, also the data series, in this case, would be defined when the strategy is applied in the strategy tab.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes