Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rollover when strategy is enabled on a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollover when strategy is enabled on a chart

Hi

i had a strategy which was running enabled on a chart (NT’s simulated account, not real broker) but with no live positions.

When I did the rollover (clicked the rollover button in NT’s database management ), I noticed that the chart reloaded with the new ticker ; and the strategy on the old ticker also disappeared from the strategy tab as well.

in the help guide, it is written : “Note: NinjaScript strategies are not rolled forward and must be manually rolled over.” - as per this, my strategy on the chart shouldn’t have rolled over, so I’m confused.

Question: if the chart strategy had a live position (with the brokerage account), what would happen to the position on the old ticker ?

Do I have to manually exit the old ticker position with the broker when I rollover the instrument in NT’s rollover tool?

Or, are we supposed to stop / close the strategy before doing the rollover in NT’’s rollover tool?

Also, is the behavior any different if I’’m running the strategy using the strategy tab versus via the chart?
    Last edited by uday12; 04-26-2019, 06:25 AM.

Hello uday12,

Thanks for your post.

From the help guide section on rollover is this note which addresses your questions: "Note: NinjaScript strategies are not rolled forward and must be manually rolled over."
    Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...es_contrac.htm

So yes, you would want to close the positions in the current contract before roll over.

The behavior would be the same regardless of where the strategy was run.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply!

I just want to re-confirm the behavior in light of this line:

“Note: NinjaScript strategies are not rolled forward and must be manually rolled over.”

what do you really mean is: during the rollover in NT’s system, an already enabled strategy will be automatically enabled on the new ticker, but I have to ONLY manually roll over the positions in the old ticker with my broker?

Is this correct?

Comment

Hello uday12,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, any existing position must be closed before rolling over the contract.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes