Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reversing position command in strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversing position command in strategy builder

Hi, New to the strategy builder and to coding. I need help inputting a reverse to a indicator signal. I've been reading a lot of the forums and suggestions. They seem to not sync up with one another in thought. I just want to reverse a signal and have it enter a trade. I wold also like to use an indicator to prevent signals from trading without appropriate volume/momentum. Does anyone have any code examples and explanations I could study? Ive looked through the links and cant quite get a handle on the exact syntax structure and how to put it into strategy builder or where to put it in an unlocked code.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Hello DTthree,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

What I recommend is that you either attend our free training webinar on the strategy builder and/or Ninjascript editor or observe recordings of these webinars to help get you up to acclimated to how things work.

Here is a link to our training portal, the webinars for Ninjascripr editor and strategy builder are alternated week to week, this week appears to be the Ninjascript editor: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining

Here is a link to the recordings:

Understand the fundamentals of basic strategy creation by developing an actual strategy using the NinjaTrader Strategy Builder.2:45 Opening a Strategy Builde...

Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.3:11 Creating a New NinjaScript Strategy13:52 Analyz...

In terms of reversing position, the method EnterLong() and EnterShort() will do exactly that. For example, if you are in a long position and use EnterShort(), it will first enter 1 short order to close the long position, then it will enter a 2nd order to leave to with a short position. You can see an example of this by reviewing the strategy SampleMACrossover in your NinjaTrader.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes