Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bullet Proof ATM

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet Proof ATM

Let me first off start with my coding/programming skills are little to none,

What I am trying to do/looking for help with is modifying the way the current ATM works.
    What I would like it to do is lock the stop loss, when I say lock the stop loss it cannot be moved or # of contracts changed.
    On top of that the stop loss cannot be canceled/closed like it can on a normally ATM entry.

I don't know if this needs to be done with an add on similar to an indicator or a strategy any help is greatly appreciated.

-P

Hello minip,
    Thanks for your post.

That's an interesting idea.

You could certainly program an automated NinjaScript strategy that would prevent the stop from being modified, but it doesn't sound like that would fulfill all of your requirements.

This would likely be a good use case for an addon as you would essentially need to create a new tool from scratch. Lets leave this thread open and see if anyone else has further information.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
      Hello minip,
      Thanks for your post.

That's an interesting idea.

You could certainly program an automated NinjaScript strategy that would prevent the stop from being modified, but it doesn't sound like that would fulfill all of your requirements.

This would likely be a good use case for an addon as you would essentially need to create a new tool from scratch. Lets leave this thread open and see if anyone else has further information.
      I first thought about a strategy but I was under the assumption once the strategy was turned on/in a trade the only way to turn it off/close out the trade would to have the profit hit or the stop loss.
      If you guys would add this to the atm that would be the perfect answer and I'm sure it would help a lot of new traders who end up moving stop losses and blowing up accounts... would be a great selling feature for you guys as well.

-P

Comment

minip,

I was under the assumption once the strategy was turned on/in a trade the only way to turn it off/close out the trade would to have the profit hit or the stop loss.
        No, you could still cancel the order manually if you wanted.

Another note on a potential solution in an Addon would be submitting the order through the Addon, then monitor the OnOrderUpdate() for changes, and if changes are detected it would revert back to the previous price. Just an idea.

If you guys would add this to the atm that would be the perfect answer
        I do see that the ability to lock orders has been previously requested, so I will have a vote added to that request on your behalf. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-3078. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

This is basically what im looking for, but would of hoped with a lifetime license some of these features would of been built in, I hope ninja adds 1 or 2 of these to there platform I believe it would help newer traders significantly.

could you explain a little more on the
          " Another note on a potential solution in an Addon would be submitting the order through the Addon, then monitor the OnOrderUpdate() for changes, and if changes are detected it would revert back to the previous price. Just an idea."

I understand the addon but the onorderupdate() is foreign to me .

-P

https://daytraderprofesional.com/her...n-angel-trader ( if i can't post this please remove)

Comment

minip,

I am referring to the NinjaScript() method that acts as a subscription to order update events. Not sure if this is a solution for you as it would require some testing, but I believe it would be a good starting point.

Please see the Help Guide for more information on using OrderUpdate in an Addon-- hhttps://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rderupdate.htm
            And the OnOrderUpdate() method: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rderupdate.htm

Let me know if there is something here I can provider further details on.

Comment

minip, if I understand you correctly then you are basically looking for NT to be a trader nanny/hand holder and impose discipline where perhaps none exists. To succeed at trading you HAVE to be disciplined. There is no way around it. Either you come into the vocation that way or you develop it, usually through the experience of PAIN. Either way, if your personality is such that you cannot learn to leave your stops, to take your losses and to follow your trading plan then you are going to blow out and rightfully so. You either learn to play the game right or you go find another game.

Comment

I agree with u

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaSquared View Post
                  minip, if I understand you correctly then you are basically looking for NT to be a trader nanny/hand holder and impose discipline where perhaps none exists. To succeed at trading you HAVE to be disciplined. There is no way around it. Either you come into the vocation that way or you develop it, usually through the experience of PAIN. Either way, if your personality is such that you cannot learn to leave your stops, to take your losses and to follow your trading plan then you are going to blow out and rightfully so. You either learn to play the game right or you go find another game.
                  oh thanks for such the valuable post, you must be a very successful trader... I've traded full time(profitable) for years the whole idea behind this is to take temptations away.. you nether make money for me nor do you know how I trade so next time you think about wasting your time commenting on something do a little self reflecting and maybe contribute something to the trading community that will help others instead of being a troll. People like you are one of the reason "new" traders fail you offer nothing, you are nothing and frankly I would assume you make nothing from trading except the usually motivational bullsh!t that you push on others.

I can assure you i've been through my fair share of trading "PAIN" so don't preach what you don't know.

-P

Comment

Welcome the forums AlphaSquared.

While I agree with your insights, our forum is meant to be helpful and welcoming to others. Using words like nanny/handholder do not convey the attitude we uphold here. Please be respectful while using our forum.

I am going to close this thread as I do not see any more relevant questions that need to be answered.

Minip, if you have any other NinjaTrader/NinjaScript related questions, please do not hesitate to open a new thread.
                    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post loganjarosz123  
                    Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes