Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Profitable Strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profitable Strategies?

NinjaSupport,

I am not having allot of success finding strategies that are profitable. I'm using just the basic yet popular indicators and not getting very many positive results. NinjaTrader is popular so I can only presume that there are strategies that are profitable.

Would you happen to have any resources you could guide me to that would help me fine tune basic strategies and bring them more into profitable realm?

Alternatively, are there any vendors leasing NinjaTrader Strategies that are more complex but more profitable?

Note: I'm mainly trading equities at this time.

Very much appreciated

Hello Blairski,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader Platform Support can't provide any recommendations on how to make a strategy profitable. We can let you know that the Strategy Analyzer allows you to test the strategy over historical data with testing systems such as optimizations. This is generally where you would start to test the strategy parameters over different instruments and bars types.

For information on the Strategy Analyzer please visit the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_analyzer.htm

NinjaTrader Platform Support cannot provide any recommendations on our affiliate NinjaTrader Ecosystem's vendors.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I have spent some time using the Strategy Analyzer. It is a good tool. I am just not getting the best results. I have recently endeavored the Optimization features but it is a long slow process that I'll be working through for some time.

I think the best approach may be to go with a risk based approach. In this, I am trying to build in ATM functions into a custom strategy. In NinjaScript > Language Reference > Strategy > Order Methods > Managed Approach; I am finding SetTrailStop(), SetStopLoss(), SetProfitTarget() however I can't seem to find or allocate these functions properly. If you could help me that be great.

In the NinjaTrader ATM Custom Strategy Parameters you Target 1, Target 2, etc...each Target with Stop Loss, Profit and Stop Strategy. Does the SetProfitTarget() function of NinjaTrader cover all these features? ie/ SetProfitTarget1(CalculationMode.Percentage, 3) & SetStopLoss1(CalculationMode.Percentage, 1).

I am not sure how to incorporate "Stop Strategy" Parameters for AutoBreakeven and AutoTrail with multiple steps. Is it SetTrailStop1(CalculationMode.Percentage, 1) a proper approach? I'm not sure how to incorporate each step and then the Step Loss, Profit Trigger, and Frequency.

In your response if you could show me how I would code the following scenario that would be great:

Custom Strategy Parameters:
      > OrderQuantity = 100
      > Parameter Type = Percent
      > TIF= FTC

>Target 1
      Quantity =25, Stop Loss 1%, Profit 3%, Stop Strategy (see below)
      > Target 2
      Quantity =25, Stop Loss 1%, Profit 5%, Stop Strategy (see below)

Stop Strategy:
      > AutoBreakeven Profit Trigger 2%

> AutoTrail (%)
      Step 1: 1% Stop Loss, 2% Profit Trigger, 0.25% Step Frequency
      Step 2: 1% Stop Loss, 3.5% Profit Trigger, 0.10 Step Frequency

Much appreciated for your help and support

Comment

Hello Blairski,

Thank you for your response.

Attached is an example based on your detail. I recommend reviewing the information at the links below to understand the strategy example I attached further.
        Please let me know if you have any questions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes