Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategies based on custom indicator is not run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategies based on custom indicator is not run

I have a strange problem. My custom indicator calculated on VIX, working/plotting correctly. but when I use this indicator in strategy , there's no any error, it s compeled correctly, however in strategy analyser it's not run, doen't make any trades. Nothing.
    I noticed than I have the same problem with other strategy based on custom indicator that calculates other instruments (I mean, they use AddDataSeries, and their calculation doesnt depend on primary opened symbol).Earlier I use that strategy and indicator in NT7, and everything was correct, I rewrite them in NT8, and as I remember, it was working (maybe not).
    So, I see , that I have issues with varios customs indicators ( used
    AddDataSeries
    ) , in chart- plotting that indicators work correctly, but when I use them in strategy ,strategy stops working, even if I try just to plot them in strategy, without using conditions of their meaning, strategy stops working, and there is no any error.
    Please help

Hello margandi,

Thanks for your post.

Please check the "log" tab of the control center when you apply your strategy for any errors that may relate to the strategy.

Please check that you have VIX data available over the time period that you are backtesting as well as the session trading hours you are trading. You can do this by creating a chart with the trading hours you are using and load as many days back as you are backtesting.

Once you have verified that there are no errors in the log and that you do have the data needed, the next step would be to begin debugging your strategy to see that it is processing the data expected and performing the logic as expected. You can verify this type of information by using print statements to output key information that your strategy is making entries based on. Here is a link to our debugging tips: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...script_cod.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA