Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems with butttom "Strategies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with butttom "Strategies"

Hello, I have migrating my code from NT7 to NT8. All of my indicators are running correctly but now I'm working with my strategies. I have migrated a strategy correctly but when I click on the buttom "Strategies", the NT8 is suddenly shut down.

I have updated the latest version of NT8. I have tried with 64bits an 32 bits. But I can't insert a strategy in my charts (by buttom or by right click).

What is happening?

Thanks for your help and regards.

Hello soyjesus,

There may be something in a custom constructor or within OnStateChange (which is run with State.SetDefaults any time the Strategies window is opened).

Can you copy and reduce the script so that all logic is removed but the behavior still occurs and post the reduced test script so I may test on my end?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-08-2018, 08:07 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I'm having this problem with a new computer. This is the situation:

* I have created severals indicators with NT8.

* I have created a strategy with NT8 that calls to my own indicators.

All is compilled without errors but when I try to insert my strategy on my chart, only clicking in the buttom "Strategies" I get the window "Ninjatrader stopped working... Find a solution... Close the program..."

I have deleted all my indicators and strategies from de directory of NT8 and I have restarted NT8 but when I click on the buttom strategies, the error is the same.

I have checked the "Log" and I have found this message:

Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.

Please, I need your help to solve this problem...

Thanks in advance and regards.

Comment

Hello soyjesus,

The error:
        "Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."
        will occur if there was an indicator saved with the workspace that is missing.
        If you remove an indicator without removing this from the workspace, the workspace will continue attempting to load this.

Re-save the workspace without the indicator loaded, and it will no longer attempt to load the indicator when loading the workspace.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I have deleted all my indicators and systems from the NT8 directory but the error continues happening when I click on the strategies button. How can I solve it? Should I completely uninstall NT8 or is there another mode?

Comment

Hello soyjesus,

I would like to review your trace files to see if there are any exceptions being reported that I could relay. If you have deleted all your custom items, and then compiled and restarted the platform and you are still having the error there may be something else happening.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Also please include a link to this thread so I can associate the ticket.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post martin70  
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes