Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Test if a custom method is FALSE for a certain number of bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test if a custom method is FALSE for a certain number of bars

Is there a concise way to check if a custom method is FALSE for the previous XX bars in a multi-time frame strategy?

I am going create a parameter to alter the amount of bars tested (XX), as needed.

Thanks in advance!

Hello ArmKnuckle,

You could run the method for each bar and save the true or false value to a bool series.

Alternatively, you could write the method to accept a bars ago value and use this for any series indexes used in the method.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great. Thanks!

Comment

I have created the Series<T> as you instructed. It works partially, and I need some help.

If I use the Series<T> bool from the current bar, I get functioning results:

Code:
        if ([COLOR=#008000][B]CodeLongOK[0][/B][/COLOR] && SavedBar != CurrentBars[0])
        {
          SavedBar = CurrentBars[0];
          Print (Instrument.FullName + " "+Times[0][AZ+0].ToString("MM/dd/yy  HH:mm:ss")+"  "+CodeLongOK[1]);
        }
        The printout references that correct information from the Series<T> bool from one bar ago.

When I try to use the Series<T> bool from one bar ago to generate the print statement:

Code:
        if ([COLOR=#FF0000][B]CodeLongOK[1][/B][/COLOR] && SavedBar != CurrentBars[0])
        {
          SavedBar = CurrentBars[0];
          Print (Instrument.FullName + "  "+Times[0][AZ+0].ToString("MM/dd/yy  HH:mm:ss")+"  "+CodeLongOK[1]);
        }
        I get the following error message:
        "Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 0: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since it is out-of-range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart."

The correct bool data from one bar ago exists in the logic and is available to print.

How can I use the Series<T> bool from previous bars in an "if ()" statement to print, iterate counters, etc?

Thanks for the help.
        Last edited by ArmKnuckle; 05-20-2019, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Hello ArmKnuckle,

Is CurrentBar greater than 1 when attempting to call 1 bar ago?

Hello, I want to create an indicator that show data in a chart but calculate in other charttime different to the time of the chart where is showed. For example:
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Code:

[B][B][COLOR=#0000FF]if (CodeLongOK.Count > 1) [/COLOR]Print (Instrument.FullName + "  "+Times[0][AZ+0].ToString("MM/dd/yy  HH:mm:ss")+"  "+CodeLongOK[1]);[/B][/B]
            You could also use IsValidDataPoint() as a check filter. ref: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ddatapoint.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB