Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ZigZag barsAgo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello M,

Script attached.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for sharing the script, I modified it by adding "+CurrentBar" into the draw.dot objects so that we can see the printed dots historically, otherwise dots are moving. Here below is the modification; I'm also attaching the script in case you want to run it in your NT.

Draw.Dot(this, "high1"+CurrentBar, true, highBarsAgo1, High[highBarsAgo1] + 3 * TickSize, Brushes.Green);
      Draw.Dot(this, "high2"+CurrentBar, true, highBarsAgo2, High[highBarsAgo2] + 7 * TickSize, Brushes.Blue);

I'm also attaching a screenshot, you'll see how blue and green dots are stored as Highs which were never confirmed in the end. I understand the green dot which is HighBarsAgo1, it might move but even 2 High bars ago are being confirmed as the highs (blue dot) which were actually not Highs. I'm getting false Highs even for 2 high bars ago. If you add this attached strategy on a 10 second NQ chart with 0.05 ZigZag, let it run for 5 mins and you'll see the issue very clearly.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here I used to use this BarsAgo function up until your v17 release without any issues, I saw the release notes and ZigZag was modified during that update and since then it's not behaving the way it's supposed to be. I would really appreciate if the developer who modified it can also look into this?

Thanks

M

Click image for larger version  Name:	zigzag_dots_3.JPG Views:	1 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	1060432

Comment

Hello M,

You would need custom logic to change the tag name only when the new leg is set for the new bar.

When testing the example I provided, did you find the highBarsAgo2 was incorrect?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, yes when testing your script; highBarsAgo2 (blue dot) was appearing on a Zigzag high which later on turns out to be false high.

Thanks
          M

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM