Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HELP... Ninjatrader can't compile a new strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP... Ninjatrader can't compile a new strategy

Hello.. I'm new to Ninjatrader.. I started a new build for a strategy and when I click to Finish an error box pops up and it says it can't compile. I wrote the stategy three times and no success... I don't know how to fix it..

Thanks Michael

Can you attach a screenshot of the error?

Comment

In C# the strategy will not compile if it has an error anywhere in the code. In order to compile, you must fix the error which should be in the bottom of the Editor giving you the line of code that has the error. Worst case scenario if you do not know how to fix it but would like to compile the code so that it saves the rest what you need to do is comment it out. Just place the comment marks // before the line of code and try to compile again.

This does not fix the error but it makes the Editor look at it like it is a developer note and ignore it.

Comment

Hello Mykro,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling an indicator in NinjaTrader 8. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center click the New menu -> select NinjaScript Editor
        • On the right open a script such the Indicators -> ADL script
        • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all scripts
        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
        • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, correct references, remove the complete indicator, or debug it to be able to compile again.
        If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the error column fully expanded so that I may read the entire error message.
        (Click and drag on the small faint separator between column heads to expand that column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        Click here for detailed instruction

Please let me know if you would like assistance resolving the error or if you are not using the latest version of NinjaTrader.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post XXtrader  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes