Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volumetric Bars With Strategy Weird Stop Loss Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Bars With Strategy Weird Stop Loss Issue

How is this stop loss even possible? As you can see from the screenshot, i'm using volumetric bars in the strategy and experienced a stop loss way above the actual bar? It's a simple 8 tick Stop Loss 4 tick Profit. I'm running "Tick Replay"
    Attached Files

Hello bc24fl,

Thank you for your post.

We'll need a little more information about this in order to diagnose the issue.

Just to confirm, this order was placed by an automated strategy, not a manual order with attached ATM strategy. Is that correct?

Was this a live or sim trade? And were you using historical or real time data?

What instrument, expiry if applicable, and interval (150 tick, 5 min, etc) have you chosen for your volumetric bars?

Incorrect fills have been known to occur if your PC clock is not properly synced. Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    ​​​​​​
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello bc24fl,

Thank you for your post.

We'll need a little more information about this in order to diagnose the issue.

Just to confirm, this order was placed by an automated strategy, not a manual order with attached ATM strategy. Is that correct?

Was this a live or sim trade? And were you using historical or real time data?

What instrument, expiry if applicable, and interval (150 tick, 5 min, etc) have you chosen for your volumetric bars?

Incorrect fills have been known to occur if your PC clock is not properly synced. Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
      • Shutdown NinjaTrader
      • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
      • Select Adjust date/time
      • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
      • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
      • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
      • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
      • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
      After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

​​​​​​
      The order is a sim market order placed in strategy code (not atm) for NQ. I'm using market replay downloaded from ninjatrader servers. The settings of the volume chart are:

Volumetric, 4 range

Comment

Hello bc24fl,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is a simple sample strategy that I've run on the NQ using Tick Replay, a 4 tick profit target, a 8 tick stop loss, and 4 range Volumetric bars and the fills and stops were where I expected them to be. I'd like you to test this strategy on your end - do you still see stops being placed where you would not expect?

Attached Files
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aussugardefender  
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
        14 responses