Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Early Close effect on ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Close effect on ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds

Hi guys,

If I have a running trade in my strategy towards the end of the day I am able to exit the trade a few seconds before the End of Day using ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds. This saves me from having an open position running an overnight margin requirement with the Broker which is exactly what I need.

I'm curious about what happens if the market closes early (e.g. on July 3, 2018). If the market is to be closed at 1:15pm would NinjaTrader know to exit a few seconds before 1:15pm? If so, very cool! How would it know to do that? Something in the feed?

Hello Bluebeep,

Thank you for your post.

That would depend on the Trading Hours template your chart is using. You can find this in one of two places. The default trading hours template for a given instrument can be found by going to Tools > Instruments > search for the instrument you're using > double click on result > Trading Hours. You can override this in the Data Series window for a chart, so you may want to double check which one is listed there too.

Once you know which one you're using, you can take a look at the template under Tools > Trading Hours. Once you've selected the correct template, you should be able to view any holiday hours that are set in the template. Exit on session close will execute your set number of seconds before a listed holiday close.

Note that holiday hours for trading hours templates are new to NinjaTrader 8, and there is no concept of this in NinjaTrader 7.

Here's a link to our help guide on Trading Hours templates:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post usazencort  
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses