Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to trigger indicator signal from the Reverse point but not several bars later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trigger indicator signal from the Reverse point but not several bars later

Dear Team,
    I'm using parabolicsar and supertrend indicators in strategy builder through mis/rising and mis/falling method to trigger the signals.

The problem is the signal can't be triggered just when the reverse of the indicator occurrs,it always need wait for 2 or three bars.

What can I do in strategy builder to trigger the signal at the reverse point.

Because these indicators not like macd or rsi have 2 lines cross each other but only different colors.So I don't know how to catch the Reverse point.

Thank you so much!
    Attached Files

Hello williamzz, thank you for your post.

AuSupertrend's "trend" plot gives a simple 1 for uptrends and -1 for downtrends. I attached an example on how to use this plot, place the attached .cs file within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies.

Kind regards.
    Attached Files
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
        Hello williamzz, thank you for your post.

AuSupertrend's "trend" plot gives a simple 1 for uptrends and -1 for downtrends. I attached an example on how to use this plot, place the attached .cs file within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies.

Kind regards.
        Hi Chris

I've been trying to do the same thing. I placed your file in the folder and reloaded NT8 and didn't see it. So I created a simple strategy that replicated what you were doing, to test it out, and the long nor short trades don't take place.

Interestingly -- with your file in the Strategies folder -- I wasn't able to enable my strategy. Only after I removed your .cs file from the folder -- was I able to call my strategy but it still didn't work. I think that the cs file isn't compatible with NT8. By simply removing your cs file -- I could enable mine... Strange .

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ZivGillat View Post

Hi Chris

I've been trying to do the same thing. I placed your file in the folder and reloaded NT8 and didn't see it. So I created a simple strategy that replicated what you were doing, to test it out, and the long nor short trades don't take place.

Interestingly -- with your file in the Strategies folder -- I wasn't able to enable my strategy. Only after I removed your .cs file from the folder -- was I able to call my strategy but it still didn't work. I think that the cs file isn't compatible with NT8. By simply removing your cs file -- I could enable mine... Strange .

Thoughts?
          Never mind. Figured it out :-) Works. Will keep playing. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by williamzz View Post
            Dear Team,
            I'm using parabolicsar and supertrend indicators in strategy builder through mis/rising and mis/falling method to trigger the signals.

The problem is the signal can't be triggered just when the reverse of the indicator occurrs,it always need wait for 2 or three bars.

What can I do in strategy builder to trigger the signal at the reverse point.

Because these indicators not like macd or rsi have 2 lines cross each other but only different colors.So I don't know how to catch the Reverse point.

Thank you so much!

Hi William

I just saw your post and I think that we're onto a similar endeavor. I love Super Trend but trying to avoid all the sideways action. So far -- I'm using ninZa's Sideways RT indicator with some success, but it's not perfect.

I saw your mention of Parabolic SAR and just charted it and it looks cool. How do you use it in Strategy Builder? I didn't see any signals that I could latch on to figure out the entry and trigger points.

Did you need any help with Strategy Builder? I'm totally new to NT8 but have been trading for over 2 decades so the last few days I've been building some strategies with Strategy Builder and having fun. The goal is to totally automate this :-)

Looking forward to your reply --

Ziv.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses