Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to add another contract in Strategy Builder....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add another contract in Strategy Builder....

Hello,

I have a Strategy that I created that auotmates one Buy and one Sell... My question is how can I increase the DefaultQuantity from one contract to two contracts..??? I tried just entering a 2 in place of the "DefaultQuantity" but Chart Trader won't auotmate any longer unless I replace the 2 with "DefaultQuantity" as before..

Thanks Michael

Hello Mykro,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this a strategy you've built in the Strategy Builder, or is this one you've manually coded?

DefaultQuantity is a built in variable option for your strategies. It's automatically set to 1, so you can set it to whatever you like so long as it's valid to submit an order by that amount.

Can you provide a reduced version of your strategy that has this same afftect?

Thanks in advance; We look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate...

I built it with the Strategy Builder... I can't code... I'm new to trading and Ninjatrader... I made a user input for Buy, and one for Sell and use those for the Quantity but it did not work..Is there an example screen shot someplace on how to set the Quantity to more than one..?
      Last edited by Mykro; 07-08-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for your reply.

I've put together a simple example Strategy Builder strategy that illustrates using user inputs as the quantity for orders in your strategy. You just need to make sure you click on the "set" button in the Quantity field, then select your user variable from the list of items that you can use there.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kate,

Thanks for the example...

One question... What about the Targets and Stops..?? I understand about the DefaultQuantity as having the value of one contract, and having a Target and a Stop.. Based on the example you sent me the value of 1 you entered in the default column is what..?? a contract.. a tick..?

Here is an example of I'm trying to achieve.. 2 Contracts (instead of the DefaultQuantity of 1 contract)... 40 ticks for a Target, and 42 ticks as a Stop Loss... Is that do-able..?

Thanks Michael

Comment

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for your reply.

In the example I provided, the default value is simply that, a default. So, when the strategy is applied to a chart, that value will show up as something the user can alter, so you can select how many contracts at the time you apply the strategy to a chart, but it'll at least be the default of 1 contract. When you set this up yourself, you can set that value up to whatever you'd like - 2 would be valid.

For the Profit Target and Stop Loss, you'd want to make sure they are set to Ticks and then put the number of ticks you want them away from the price in the Value field. You can leave the "From Entry Signal" field blank unless you gave a Signal Name to one of your entries and you want to tie the stop or target specifically to entries with that name.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Thank You Kate...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post mathewlo  
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM