Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator " Accumulation/Distribution Range Breakout Strategy (NT8)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator " Accumulation/Distribution Range Breakout Strategy (NT8)"

Hi Ninjatrader_Jim ( and anyone else who wants to provide an input),

I found " Accumulation/Distribution Range Breakout Strategy (NT8)" and it really works well! Now it is Sunday night, the Forex market just started and I am learning the indicator behavior. I played a little with " Lenght" and " Consolidation Factor" parameters and I am noticing the indicator does a very good job of giving signals as soon as possible, while they are valuable and can be used and not plotting positions when they are useless. That's what I'd like to ask about.

*Is there something you can say or recommend about the " waiting time", when the next bar is plotted out of the accumulation/distribution rectangle and the algorithm is still deciding if it will or not create a new accdistr box? It seems, sometimes almost immediately, the next bar is processed and a new overlay rectangle is created on top of the last one, displaced one bar in time to the right. So that is indicative, the market is still on hold. And there are times when 3 or 4 bars are plotted and nothing happens, so the indicator is saying there is a new trend ...

My riddle now is, How much to wait for the algorithm to think? that's the Key to use the indicator profitably and the whole point to get in the trend the sooner possible, so I'd like to know what to look for, and how long to wait (i.e: next 2 bars out of the box to make a decision to enter or not a trade?), and if available, a write up or developer notes about its built-in behavior. https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...kout-strategy/

I am planning to record the screen overnight and check the behavior tomorrow, but any feedback is welcome!

Thanks much indeed,
    G

Hello bouncetherubble,

Thanks for your post!

The script linked is a conversion of a Trader's Tips article. For better understanding of the study and how it can be best tweaked, I recommend using the article to help with your experimenting and decision making. I could not offer any personal insight for modifying the strategy or its parameters for better results. (This gets into trading advise which we are not permitted to give insight on.)

I've included a publicly available link to the Trader's Tips page for this article.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim ,

Thanks Much for the feedback! I tried to find this article because it is mentioned ta the the indicator page but I couldn't ....

Much appreciated
      G

Comment

Hi Jim,

Is there a way to change the thickness of the rectangle borders or completely obfuscate the borders of the rectangle? Then I would be able to increase the transparency of the fill with the "areaOpacity" parameter and create a " softer" rectangle ... but I cannot find a way to change the thickness of he rectable border or eliminate the border with a "0" parameter for thickess ...

Thanks much
        G

Comment

Hello bouncetherubble,

This can be modified from a Rectangle object's OutlineStroke property. For example:

Code:
          protected override void OnBarUpdate()
          {
              if (CurrentBar < 10)
                  return;

Rectangle myRec = Draw.Rectangle(this, "tag1", 10, Low[10] - TickSize, 5, High[5] + TickSize, Brushes.Blue);

myRec.OutlineStroke.Width = 100;
          }

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

I will try that!

I am new to Ninja Trader and not really a coder, just a thorough reader with a will, so I really missed this parameter!

Thanks for your feedback!
            G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
            0 responses