Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I apply strategy while the sim account hasn't finished a round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I apply strategy while the sim account hasn't finished a round

Dear Team,
    Can I apply strategy while the sim account hasn't finished a round.

For example,the sim account applied with the strategy that I want to use in real account just entry long,hasn't exit long yet.But I don't want to just wait in front of the screen .So can I remove the strategy from the sim account and apply it to real account at this moment?

Thank you!

Hello williamzz,

Thanks for your post.

If I understand correctly, you have a strategy that you applied to your sim account and it is already in a trade and your question is can you take the strategy and apply it to your live account and I suspect the rest of the question is will it take the same trade live? In other words pick-up and assume the position that the sim account is/was in.

The answer depends on the start behavior settings you have applied to the strategy. If you left it as the default of "wait until flat", then the strategy would indeed make the same entry but would keep it as a historical trade until the strategy completes the trade and then at that time would start performing live trades.

Please review the help guide for clarification of the start-up behavior options available to you and the consequences of those selections: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm We recommend that in addition to reviewing these strategy start-up options that you also test them with your sim101 account so you know exactly what to expect before using your live account.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM