Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to manage markers by SubmitOrderUnmanaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to manage markers by SubmitOrderUnmanaged?

Is there any way to fix the markers, draw on the chart which the order made by SubmitOrderUnmanaged?

I have Buy Orders B1 and B2 and B3. Now I place a Sell Order S2 which I need to see a marker line from B2 to S2. I know all calculation is correct and it doesn't change the outcome, but I need to correct the visual for presentation. Normally it draws from B1 to S2 which is not what I need.

Note: Managed order does not have this problem as the ExitShort and ExitLong understand the signal.

Hello ManTrader,

Is this a marker you are drawing yourself from the scripts code, or is this the execution marker from the DataSeries window that you are referring to?

Based on the description, it sounds like you are drawing your own markers for the orders, is that correct?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I meant the markers and text of Buys And Sells plot by ninjatrader by default.

Comment

Hello ManTrader,

Thank you for the reply.

It seems that it is drawing markers, but they are not being paired correctly, is that a correct summary of the problem?

Are you specifically submitting the orders in the way you mentioned or: B1, B2, B3, S2, S?, S?.
        Are the stops specifically being filled in a different order than the entries were submitted?

If B1 is being paired to S2, that would indicate to me that B1 was the first entry submitted and S2 was the first stop filled, was that the case in your test?

Comment

I placed order like this
          Buy1 -> Sell1
          Buy2 -> Sell2
          Buy3 -> Sell3

So when market goes down Buy1, Buy2, Buy3 are filled, when market goes up Sell3 is filled. The problem is that S3 is paired with B1 not S3.
          This problem does not exit in managed order because I can use FromEntrySignal, but in unmanaged I couldn't find any way to pair them correctly, Also I really don't wanna to draw my own markers while the system already do it well.

Comment

Hello ManTrader,

If the case is that the last submitted target is filled first it would be paired that way in unmanaged because there is no concept of signal names, you just closed that quantity from your position which matches the exit. If you wanted the targets to match the way you want, you would need to ensure the targets fill in the order you submitted the entries. Are you able to reverse the prices used for your targets so that the S3 target price is instead one of the other prices which does not fill first? The alternatives would be use Managed which has the concept of signal names or to draw your own markers which are specific to how your logic is being executed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes