Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Auto Generated Strategy on Latest Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Generated Strategy on Latest Release

so a strange feeling here. I've been writing and updating my own algo, with my own indicators for some time, and I've posted entries for free via ST to fact check myself really, and make some people happy. I've achieved over 70% accuracy on my own algo that took me ... oh just a few years to code in C#. A quick note on that - NT8 was the first time it was even possible; no other platform before used an actual programming language that could handle logical decision making needed (to my knowledge) - so I waited years in obscurity of ToS trying to make the best of a crappy situation.

Auto-generated strategy option comes out on the latest update, and within several days on my hands and over 2 million iterations, I am able to improve (potentially) my algo just like that - strange feeling for this monumental shift. I say potentially, as I have it running for my prescreened variables for the last few months - ToS is still the king for that - and I haven't had the chance to even finish it, as it's been a few days running already.

Don't get me wrong, auto-generated seems to pick the best method, so if after running everything, it determines that a single MACD + RSI is the most efficient way, those two by themselves won't get you rich in live-trading. However, for me - combined with a myriad of own developed indicators and combinations - it allows to maybe add that one more indicator that I haven't considered optimizing with - because you know... every optimization on just several stocks takes days and weeks to run with the amount of code.

Anyone else having success with auto-generated strategy yet?

Hello lmatiukas, thanks for your post.

If you need us to address anything specific with the AI Generated strategies please let me know. This post will also be open for any member of the forum community to share their thoughts.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
    3 responses
    1 like
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses