Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategy analysis causes total crash of the ninjatrader and even computer reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy analysis causes total crash of the ninjatrader and even computer reboot

normal run of the strategy is ok.
    its not crashing or anything, does what it supposed to do. with no errors.
    I am running the strategy analysis on some 200 runs, and this is where it crashes. on small number its running through ok (about 10)
    how can I catch the problem? I think its maybe some memory leak or something of the kind.
    i need to catch some log. which one?
    tried to run with MS studio open, dont see anything., not that I really know what to look for ... if it make sense , maybe someone will tell me what to look at ?
    by the way the Studio crashes together with Ninja...

would really appreciate the advise
    thanks

I've had the same problem too.. I've noticed Ninjatrader crashes more when using the Analyzer with the new version of Ninjatrader...

Comment

Hello dadarara,

Thank you for the post.

From the details I couldn't really say if this is related to a memory leak or not, you can however use the windows task manager to confirm if all resources are being used at that time.

If the crash is causing a reboot, that may also be be related to your overall windows OS and its stability. Are you certain the crash is causing a reboot and it is not that the PC is just rebooting under heavy load? It is possible for a PC to reboot when overheating or when they have other hardware/driver problems.

It would be unexpected to see visual studio crash while debugging another program, this could indicate a problem with visual studio/.net/windows. Generally if a complete crash of the debug target occurs, we will see the debug connection is lost but visual studio remains open so you can re attach when you re open the application.

Do you see this happen if you configure a similar test using the SampleMACrossOver?

If we can gather more information about where the problem starts we can likely proceed further. Identifying if this is related to something being done in the custom script or if this is related to some combination of settings used will help point a better direction for troubleshooting.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes