Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Order gets Bumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Order gets Bumped

Hello,

I have a Strategy I created that has one Target, and one Stop. When I run the strategy on a chart and as a signal comes up and the order gets filled and the Target and the Stop show up on the chart... no problem... What happens next has me stumped.. While I'm waiting to see if the order gets filled, or gets stopped out, or I cancel the order myself another signal comes up ( to go Long or Short ), and the current order gets bumped for the new one..!
    You would think until the order does get filled, or does get stopped out, or I cancel or end the order myself the order would stay put on the chart... Why does one order get bumped for a new one??
    What can I do??

Thanks Michael
    Last edited by Mykro; 07-28-2019, 02:58 PM.

Hello Michael,

If the order is being submitted again before it fills using the same signal name it will be modified using the new information.

The script logic would need to see the order has already been submitted and suppress new order submissions.

Below are a few examples that place exit orders and then wait up date them util specific times.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,

Thank You for the examples.. But I'm new to anything having to do with programming ... I'm a new user of Ninjatrader, Ninjascript, etc.. since the middle of this May.. I'm struggling with the learning curve regarding the day trading world as I am with Ninjatrader, and especially with Strategy Builder..
      If it wasn't for Pablo Maglios "Do it yourself" videos I'd be really lost..!! Unless there are "step by step" videos I'm lost...

Thanks Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately, the videos we have show how to use the Strategy Builder and NinjaScript Editor but we do not have videos that teach programming.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Comment

Chelsea, Isn't there a work around using the Bulider..??

This has to do with the Slope of a line... What I need is a way to get a single entry signal at the end of a trend, and at the begining of the next trend.. Where the down Slope of a line ends, and the begining of the next up Slope begins.. An Arrow right in the middle of the two would be ideal...
          I understand and can do the Slope of a line and do Thresholds in the Builder.. no problem..

Thanks Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

With the strategy builder, orders must be resubmitted to be kept alive. Set the prices to variables so these prices are re-used.

Below are examples made with the strategy builder.

Comment

The variables in Strategy Builder cannot be changed by the most simple of methods. I merely want to add 4 points to a variable, but I cannot do it. I also cannot add 4 points as part of an "If" equation (For example: IF price/close > "TrailingStopVariable" + 4). Variables that cannot be changed by simple arithmetic after created? Must we learn a programming language in order to do this much? I pay a premium for strategy builder, rather than to code. What am I paying for when it is severely deficient?
              Last edited by ronaldgreene828; 08-09-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Hello ronaldgreene828,

Thank you for your post.

I am able to set up order offsets based on ticks in the Strategy Builder. Can you attach a screenshot of the Conditions and Actions tab of your Strategy Builder for the strategy that this is not working in?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/screenshot.xml,

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I realize that I can offset the price in a comparison with a variable. But when comparing one variable
                  to another, I haven't found a way to do this. I also cannot set the value of one variable based on the offset of another. I attached an example in screenshots. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (62).png
Views:	114
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1066856 I set a variable for bar range by subtracting the low from the high. I would like to set another variable at 80% of the bar range variable.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello ronaldgreene828,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team for possible implementation in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2059. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred