Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to figure out which condition group trigger the order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to figure out which condition group trigger the order

Dear Team,
    I have many condition groups in my strategy.

How can figure out which condition group trigger the order?

I waste lot of time to find the exact condition group that trigger the wrong order,so any easy way I can find out it?

So that I can modify the condition group quickly?

Hello williamzz,

The most simple way would be to use prints or the Signal names. If you have more than one possible entry, using unique Signal Names can help in determining which condition set was used. Otherwise as an action you could add a Print with some custom text. This does also mean you need the NinjaScript output window open while running the strategy.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Print the signal name on the chart at the entry bar.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Thank you for the reply.Can I just print the condition group name of the strategy builder,I build my strategy there,there are so many group conditions to one long or short entry,I can't adding signal name for each condition,because my strategy is many group conditions to one action buy or sell,not each condition group to each buy or each sell.It mean if(condition group1 or condition group2 or condition group3){long}

Now I only need the text of "condition group1" "condition group2""condition group3"

Comment

Hello williamzz,

To clarify, do you mean inside each set that you want to print the groups and not for the whole condition in general? A group its self has no action so that is not possible, you can only print for a whole Set.

You can use a print in a set, like Set1 could have a print which includes what groups you have in set1, is that what you want?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 08-01-2019, 03:19 PM.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by williamzz View Post
            Thank you for the reply.Can I just print the condition group name of the strategy builder,I build my strategy there,there are so many group conditions to one long or short entry,I can't adding signal name for each condition,because my strategy is many group conditions to one action buy or sell,not each condition group to each buy or each sell.It mean if(condition group1 or condition group2 or condition group3){long}

Now I only need the text of "condition group1" "condition group2""condition group3"
            What you are describing is too complex to do in the Strategy Builder.

Essentially, you have to construct a signal name that is based on the conditions that are satisfied for each entry.

Here is one way to do it, but you will have to unlock the code, and manually code it.

On each OBU pass, you will:
            1. Nullify each partial and complete string that you used for your order's signal name.
            2. When each condition is satisfied you append an appropriate string to the existing signal name. Thus you construct a signal name that encompasses each condition that is satisfied.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin